Banana Berry Crunch Baked Oatmeal is a simple, healthy and delicious way to start your day! This easy recipe is made with coconut milk, rolled oats, fresh bananas, berries and maple syrup.
The post-holiday work slump is the worst. I usually take a break from work for the two weeks around Christmas and New Years to spend the time relaxing with friends and family. Because it was my little girl’s first Christmas this year, two weeks turned into more like four weeks. Although we had a blast celebrating her first big holiday, I’m just now getting back into the swing of things.
First recipe for the new year is this super simple, healthy and delicious Banana Berry Crunch Baked Oatmeal. I made this oatmeal so many times that I lost count. It’s so simple that I never really though to share it with you. Made with oats, maple syrup, coconut milk, fresh berries and bananas, it is great for lazy weekends or even for breakfast during the week.
I like to bake a batch of this oatmeal on Sunday mornings and then enjoy the leftovers for breakfast throughout the week. Simply reheat the oatmeal, add more milk, if desired, and enjoy. The coconut milk gives this oatmeal a thickness and flavor that I love, but feel free to use your favorite milk.
Banana Berry Crunch Baked Oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large banana peeled and sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut milk*
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and pecans. Pour into the baking dish. Layer the berries and sliced bananas over the top of the oats, spreading evenly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract and coconut milk. Mix until well combined. Slowly pour over the oats. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 388, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Cholesterol: 27mg, Sodium: 24mg, Potassium: 477mg, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 14g, Protein: 6g, Vitamin A: 1%, Vitamin C: 4.4%, Calcium: 9%, Iron: 22.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.