Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Lemon Chicken Quinoa Skillet with Baby Spinach cooks in one pan and creates a healthy meal packed with protein, greens and fresh lemon flavor!
Everyone loves easy meals so it’s no surprise that two of the most popular recipes on this site are Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet and One Pot Lemon Chicken Pasta with Baby Kale. To create a meal that I know you will love, I combined everything you love about these two recipes into one skillet meal packed with lemon flavor, fresh greens and protein. Everything cooks together in one skillet to make clean up easy. With the freshest flavors and ingredients, I hope you make this Lemon Chicken Quinoa Skillet with Baby Spinach your new favorite weeknight meal.
For this recipe, I used organicgirl baby spinach, fresh lemons from the tree in my yard, quinoa, ground chicken and mozzarella cheese. You can use any of your favorite organicgirl greens or salad blends. The baby spinach, baby kale, i heart baby kale, super spinach and super greens are my favorite blends to use in this recipe because they compliment the fresh citrus flavor. Simple flavors create a meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. The leftovers reheat well so you can pack this meal for lunch too!
What are you waiting for? Add this Lemon Chicken Quinoa Skillet with Baby Spinach to your dinner menu soon and enjoy a fresh, easy and tasty meal!
Lemon Chicken Quinoa Skillet with Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey, I use 99% lean
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3/4 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces organicgirl baby spinach
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes, until it starts to softened. Add the ground chicken and minced garlic and cook until the meat is almost cooked through, breaking it into crumbles with a spoon as it cooks.
- Add the salt, pepper, quinoa, chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, stirring until everything is combined. Cover the skillet with a lid, lower heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked.
- Stir in the remaining lemon juice, lemon zest and spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, cover with the lid and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve as is or on top of your favorite organicgirl greens. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley, as desired.
- Use any of your favorite greens in this recipe.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.