Start the day with a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie! Nutritious, filling and full of peanut butter flavor, a peanut butter smoothie is the best way to start the day. Add chocolate and create a chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie.
Mornings can be hectic. Forget elaborate meals, sometimes eating anything is better than nothing. Because we love quick and easy breakfast recipes, smoothies are one of our go-to ways to start the day. Throw a combination of your favorite ingredients into a blender, blend and enjoy. It’s that easy! This peanut butter banana smoothie recipe is one of our favorites!
Finding the perfect smoothie is all about finding the best combination of flavors and nutrients. We love a smoothie that is packed with both flavor and hearty nutrients like protein, calcium and more. Peanut butter smoothies can be adapted to add nutrients like potassium in bananas and fiber in oats.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
To make this smoothie combine Greek yogurt, creamy peanut butter, frozen banana, old fashioned oats and ice in a blender. Add a small amount of honey or maple syrup for additional sweetness. Pulse until blended and smooth. We like a thicker smoothie, but feel free to add some additional liquid to smooth out, if desired.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
If you love chocolate, add a drizzle of chocolate syrup. It creates a chocolate peanut butter smoothie with a little bit of sweetness. It’s perfect for snack or even dessert!
What fruits go good with peanut butter?
Bananas are the best fruit with peanut butter. Apples, strawberries and raspberries also taste great with peanut butter.
Can you use overripe bananas in smoothies?
Yes, you can use overripe bananas in smoothies. The ripeness of the bananas affects the flavor of the smoothie. Bananas that are riper or overripe taste sweeter so your smoothie will be sweeter. We suggest using yellow, but not brown, bananas for this smoothie recipe.
What can I put in a smoothie to thicken it?
Use a variety of different healthy ingredients to thicken a smoothie. Bananas, oats, avocado, yogurt and tofu are all great ways to thicken a smoothie.
Does ice make smoothies thicker or thinner?
Too many ice cubes can make a smoothie too thick. Add water, milk or another liquid to thin out a smoothie.
Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Cinnamon Sweet Potato Almond Butter Smoothie includes both fruits and veggies and is packed with fall flavor.
- Triple Berry Smoothie is layers of berry goodness!
- Peach Pie Smoothie Bowl is a healthier yet just as delicious way to taste peach pie.
- Citrus Sunrise Smoothie is made with orange, pineapple and mango!
- Strawberry, Mango and Guava Smoothie is one of our all-time favorites!
Smoothies keep us fueled up every single day of the week. Try our peanut butter smoothie and then try one of our other favorite smoothie recipes. A tasty breakfast or snack with plenty of healthy nutrients is a win-win!
Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon honey, (optional)
- chocolate syrup, for serving
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Serve with chocolate syrup, as desired.
- Nutritional information does not include optional honey.
- Double the recipe for two servings.
- Add choice of milk to thin out, if desired.