A fresh, flavorful and wholesome smoothie is a great way to start the day! This citrus sunrise smoothie is packed with fresh oranges, pineapple and mango!
Let’s talk about resolutions. I don’t usually make resolutions for the New Year. Instead, I make one personal goal for the year and aim to achieve that goal. I don’t usually share the goal with anyone else because it is something I do for myself. This year, I haven’t quite determined my one personal goal for the year, but I have decided to make a few kitchen resolutions. Today, I’m sharing my five kitchen resolutions for the new year and the recipe for this citrus sunrise smoothie.
I call these kitchen resolutions because they are things related to cooking and baking that I would I like to focus on in 2015. Here are my five kitchen resolutions:
(1) Take a few cooking classes – I have no formal culinary training. For the past few years I’ve wanted to take a cooking class, especially a knife skills class, but I have yet to actually do it. This year, I am going to aim to take a few classes to learn some master techniques.
(2) Be more adventurous – Bouchon Bakery and My Paris Kitchen are two of my favorite cookbooks to peruse, but I have only made a handful of recipes from both books. Every time I open the books Pain au Chocolat and Parisian Gnocchi call my name but I have yet to master them. In 2015, I am not only going to make those two recipes, but I am also going to experiment with different flavors and ingredients.
(3) Cook and bake recipes from other bloggers more often and share my results with you – Just like you, many of the recipes I make for dinner during the week or brunch on the weekend are recipes developed by other bloggers. I want to share my favorite recipes from other bloggers with you. Each week, I am going to try to share one recipe that I have actually made on Instagram and Facebook.
(4) Prep meals ahead of time – I meal plan so that I have a schedule and don’t have to worry about what I am making for dinner. But I don’t do a very good job prepping meals ahead of time. A lot of time is saved by prepping meals on the weekends and in the morning before I start working. I am going to try to be more conscious about prepping to save time.
(5) Reorganize – I have a large kitchen but not a lot of storage space. My drawers often get stuck because I have too much stuff in them and because they are not organized in any reasonable order. I already ordered a few drawer organization tools and am expanding the space on my island to accomodate two more cabinets. Mission kitchen organization will commence soon.
Now that I shared my kitchen resolutions for this year, I want to share this bright, fun and refreshing smoothie with you. Colorful and flavorful, this smoothie reminds me of the summer sun. Made with oranges, pineapples and mango, plus a date to add a little sweetness, this smoothie is the perfect way to start the day or enjoy as an afternoon snack.
Did you make any resolutions this year? What goals do you want to achieve in 2015? Share them with me in the comments below.
Citrus Sunrise Smoothie
- 1 orange, peeled, seeded and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 date
- handful of ice, to taste
- coconut flakes, for topping
- Combine orange, pineapple, mango, date and ice in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.