Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa are a quick, fresh and easy meal for lunch or dinner! Top lightly seasoned grilled shrimp tacos with a homemade mango avocado salsa to create an easy shrimp taco recipe that kids and adults will love.
*updated May 2019*
Make any night taco night! Tacos are a versatile dinner that everyone loves. Fire up your grill and make easy grilled shrimp tacos with a fresh and flavorful mango avocado salsa. After you try these shrimp tacos, make our slow cooker chicken tacos or butternut squash, black bean and kale tacos on a different night of the week.
These tacos are always fresh, easy and flavorful! Best of all, this healthy shrimp taco recipe is made in less than 30 minutes!
How to make shrimp tacos
Shrimp tacos use the freshest seasonal ingredients.
- Mix together olive oil, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Toss with the shrimp to coat.
- Let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Cook the shrimp until cooked through on a hot skillet or grill.
- Top the shrimp with a homemade mango avocado salsa. Serve with warm tortillas and additional toppings, such as sour cream and cheese, if desired.
How to grill shrimp
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Mix with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Toss to coat the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp on a grill over medium-high heat until they are pink. We like to put the shrimp on skewers before adding to the grill.
- Shrimp cooks very quickly so watch the shrimp closely to prevent overcooking.
Mango avocado salsa
To make homemade mango avocado salsa, combine all of the following ingredients in a bowl. Serve the salsa over tacos, grilled salmon or enjoy with tortilla chips.
- Red onion
- Lime juice
What goes well with shrimp tacos?
- Mexican Black Beans
- Strawberry Margarita
- Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Creamy Chipotle Slaw
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Are you looking for something light and fresh for dinner tonight? Fire up your grill and spend less than 30 minutes preparing this meal. You won’t regret making these easy shrimp tacos for dinner tonight!
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
For the shrimp:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro minced
- dash of salt
- 1 ½ pounds medium size shrimp peeled and deveined
For the salsa:
- 1 ripe mango cubed
- 1 ripe avocado cubed
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro finely chopped
- ½ a lime for juicing
- 6 small flour or corn tortillas
- additional toppings as desired
In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, chili powder, cumin, lime juice, cilantro and salt. Add shrimp to bowl and toss to coat. Let shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
- While the shrimp are marinating, combine mango, avocado, onion, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl. Mix well.
Heat the grill over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the grill and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Divide the salsa and shrimp evenly among the tortillas and top with any other toppings as desired.
- Prep the salsa in advance without the avocado. Store in the refrigerator and add chopped avocado just prior to serving (to prevent avocado from turning brown.)
- Add your other favorite toppings like sour cream, cheese, jalapeños, etc.
- Grill the shrimp on skewers to make it easy.
- Use corn or flour tortillas.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 268, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 285mg, Sodium: 901mg, Potassium: 367mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 25g, Vitamin A: 8.9%, Vitamin C: 26.4%, Calcium: 19.6%, Iron: 17.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Kitchen tools needed to make grilled shrimp tacos.
- Grill the shrimp on skewers.
- Keep the tortillas warm with a tortilla warmer.
- Use a skillet on your stove if you don’t have a grill.