Simple corn salad made with sautéed corn, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and feta cheese. This easy summer corn salad recipe is the perfect side dish ready in less than 15 minutes.
If you’re looking for the perfect side dish, then this easy summer corn salad with fresh basil and feta cheese is just for you. Serve this vibrant side dish with fresh grilled fish, chicken or vegetable skewers. As a quick and easy recipe, this dish is ready in less than 15 minutes!
Corn and Tomato Salad Recipe
Simply combine sautéed corn, halved cherry tomatoes, crumbled feta cheese, sliced fresh basil, lemon juice and pepper. Serve the salad immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve cold.
You can use frozen corn kernels that are thawed or fresh corn kernels, depending on what is available. You can also omit the cheese if you prefer to enjoy this recipe dairy free.
Sauté the corn in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the corn, without stirring, until it begins to brown on the bottom. Stir and continue to cook until the corn is spotty brown all over. Combine the sautéed corn with the other ingredients to create an easy corn salad.
What to serve with corn salad
Corn salad tastes great with a variety of other dishes. We love serving it with a simple protein like chicken or fish and another vegetable or salad.
- Baked Chicken Cutlets
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Baked Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Lobster Tail
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Drumsticks
- Grilled Asparagus
- Garden Salad
What do you eat with this summer corn salad?
As the perfect summer side dish, this recipe includes sweet corn, salty feta cheese and ripe organic cherry tomatoes fresh from the garden. A few simple ingredients combine to create a perfectly sweet and savory side dish.
Try it and let us know what you think!
Corn and Tomato Salad with Basil and Feta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ears of corn, kernels cut from cobs (about 4 cups) or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil until it starts to shimmer. Add corn and salt. Cook, without stirring, until corn begins to brown on bottom, about 3 minutes. Stir and continue to cook, stirring once or twice until corn is slightly spotty brown all over, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer corn to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, feta, basil, lemon juice and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve cold.
- You can use frozen corn kernels instead of fresh corn.
- Omit the cheese to make this dairy free.