Watermelon Fruit Salad is made with chunks of fresh watermelon, berries, cherries and more! Everyone will love this delicious summer fruit salad.
Easy summer salads are a great way to pack in all of your favorite summer fruits. This fresh and delicious watermelon and berry salad is made with watermelon, berries and cherries. The simple lemon honey dressing adds the a subtle sweetness and fresh flavor.
The combination of fruits and simple honey mint dressing create a salad that is crisp and refreshing.
Combine everything in a large bowl and serve it at your next summer gathering. You can even prep it in advance to enjoy for snack during the week.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s the perfect fruit salad to serve for summer picnics, barbecues, 4th of July and more!
- Kids and adults love this tasty salad.
- Prep it in advance and take it on-the-go.
Watermelon Fruit Salad Ingredients
You will need a few types of fruit, fresh mint and two other ingredients for the dressing.
- Fruit: You will need a mixture of fresh watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and cherries.
- Dressing: You will need a fresh lemon for lemon juice and zest plus honey. You can substitute the lemon with lime juice and lime zest, if desired.
- Fresh Mint
Steps to Make
- Combine all of the fruit in a large bowl. Add the chopped fresh mint and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and honey to make the fruit salad dressing.
- Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and toss everything to combine.
Store the watermelon berry salad in a large container covered in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Switch out the fruit – You can use different amounts of the berries or use raspberries instead of cherries or blueberries. Raspberries are soft, so add them last and stir gently. You can use other types of melons or pineapple, peaches or grapes too.
- Omit the mint – While the mint adds fresh crisp flavor, you can omit it or swap it out for basil. It might sound weird, but basil tastes great with watermelon and berries.
- Make fun shapes with the watermelon – For Memorial Day or the 4th of July, use a cookie cutter to cut the watermelon into stars.
A simple fruit salad is the perfect bbq side dish or summer snack. Enjoy the taste of summer anytime!
Other Fruit Salad Recipes
Did you try this Watermelon Fruit Salad recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
Watermelon Fruit Salad
- 5 cups seedless watermelon, rind removed and chopped to 1/2 to 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/4 cup honey, (or agave)
- Combine watermelon, berries, cherries, mint and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and honey until blended. Drizzle over fruit and then gently toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour prior to serving. Serve cold. Cover leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.