Strawberry mango salsa is a refreshing fruit salsa recipe made in less than 10 minutes with a few ingredients. It’s a healthy mango salsa for fish or snack!
Refreshing snacks made with fresh fruit are a healthier way to create a sweet treat for both kids and adults. Homemade fruit salsa and raspberry sorbet are a few of our favorite refreshing snacks. All of them are made with only a few ingredients including fresh fruit.
Homemade salsa is a great idea any time of the year. It’s a versatile snack that is great for enjoying with chips or serving over some grilled chicken or fish.
How to make mango salsa
To make strawberry mango salsa, you will need six ingredients – strawberries, mango, red onion, fresh basil, honey and lime juice.
Dice the strawberries, mango and red onion into small pieces. Chop the fresh basil. Combine all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and stir to combine.
If you want to omit the strawberries, you can double the amount of mango. Similarly, you can omit the mango and double the amount of strawberries to create a strawberry salsa.
How do you add flavor to salsa?
Add fresh flavor to traditional tomato salsa with finely minced garlic, onion, cumin or cilantro.
Add flavor to fresh fruit salsa by mixing in a small amount of honey and lime juice.
What onions are best for salsa?
Red onions add color and flavor to salsa. For a fruit salsa, the red onions complement the sweet flavor of the fruit. For a more traditional salsa, yellow onions offer the best texture and flavor.
Uses for salsa
Serve mango salsa over fish or chicken or enjoy it as a snack.
- Enjoy with cinnamon chips or tortilla chips.
- Serve over grilled, broiled or baked fish like salmon or grouper.
- Serve over grilled or baked chicken.
Other fruit salsa recipes
- Peach Green Chile Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa
- Roasted Salmon with Kiwi Salsa
- Shrimp Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Slow Cooker Carnitas Tacos with Apple Salsa
Have you tried making homemade mango salsa? Try this easy recipe made with a few simple flavors and then let us know what you think!
Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice from 1 lime
- Combine mango, strawberries, onion, basil, honey and lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir to mix well. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
- Serve with cinnamon chips or tortilla chips for snack.
- Serve over grilled fish or chicken.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.