This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento® Cheese. All opinions are 100% mine.
Chipotle Chicken Sliders come together in little time and are made with shredded chicken, chipotle mayo sauce and real Pepper Jack cheese!
What do you get when you combine fresh dinner rolls with rotisserie chicken, pepper jack cheese and a creamy chipotle mayo sauce? You get these cheesy Chipotle Chicken Sliders, of course! The recipe for these little sliders is one of my all-time favorite recipes. They came together on a whim when I was looking for something quick and easy to make for game day and were eaten in record time.
Let’s be honest. I have an entire drawer in my fridge dedicated to cheese. Sargento® Sliced Cheese is 100% real, natural cheese and tastes a million times better than pasteurized process cheese food that is only required to contain 51% real cheese. Sargento® offers a variety of options including Swiss, Sharp Cheddar, Provolone and Pepper Jack. The cheese tastes fresh and flavorful and is great to layer over sandwiches. For this recipe, I used Sargento® Pepper Jack Sliced Cheese to add even more flavor to these Chipotle Chicken Sliders. I chose the Pepper Jack sliced cheese for these sliders because it complements the spicy adobo peppers in the chipotle mayo. I used rotisserie chicken to make this recipe come together even easier. After a few quick steps and about 25 minutes in the oven, you have these tasty little sandwiches that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. Make a double batch for game day and share them with your friends and family. These little sandwiches disappeared faster than I could even make them. In fact, I’ve been thinking of every possible excuse to make them again and again. Simple flavors combine to create Chipotle Chicken Sliders that you won’t be able to resist. What are you waiting for? Dig in!
Chipotle Chicken Sliders
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon coarsley chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast or rotissere chicken
- 9 to 12 slider rolls* sliced in half
- 9 to 10 slices Sargento Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, cilantro and lime juice. Pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken. Pour the chipotle mayonnaise sauce over the chicken and mix until combined.
- In a 9x9 baking dish, layer the bottom half of the rolls in the bottom of the dish. Spread the chicken over the bottom half of the rolls and then layer with Pepper Jack cheese. Top with remaining half of the rolls.
- Pour the butter over the top of the sandwiches or spread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover the sandwiches with tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 118, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 117mg, Potassium: 121mg, Protein: 7g, Vitamin A: 90%, Vitamin C: 0.4%, Calcium: 6%, Iron: 0.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.