Chipotle Chicken Sliders come together in 30 minutes and are made with shredded chicken, chipotle mayo sauce and Pepper Jack cheese! These little sandwiches are perfect for game day or an easy dinner.
Mini slider sandwiches are great for game day, an easy dinner or snacks for a party. Combine some shredded chicken with cheese and a creamy chipotle sauce on slider rolls. These little sandwiches will disappear fast so make a double batch, if needed.
Follow a few quick and easy steps to make these cheesy chicken sliders.
A few notes on ingredients:
- Cooked shredded chicken breast: A store bought rotisserie chicken makes this recipe even easier. Or you can cook and then shred chicken breast at home.
- Pepper Jack Cheese: The cheese adds a flavorful kick. You can substitute with another cheese like cheddar or Colby Jack.
- Slider Rolls: Since slider rolls vary in size, a batch of 9 or 12 rolls works best for this recipe. I use relatively large dinner rolls, but if you are using the small Hawaiian dinner rolls, you can fit up to 12 rolls.
Steps to Make Chipotle Chicken Sliders
- Add ingredients for the chipotle sauce to a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Mix well to combine.
- Layer a 9×9 baking dish with the bottom half of the rolls.
- Spread the chicken on top.
- Layer with 6 to 9 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- Top with remaining half of the rolls, brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover the rolls with tin boil and bake in the oven.
These chicken sliders taste great on their own or served with a simple side dish. We love serving them with Mexican Corn on the Cob or a fresh Garden Salad.
Chipotle chicken sliders are completely irresistible. Make them during the week for a quick lunch or dinner, or make a double batch for game day and share with guests.
Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- Taco Pizza
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mozzarella Stuffed Italian Meatballs
- Sheet Pan Quesadilla
- Coconut Chicken Tenders
Chipotle Chicken Sliders
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon coarsley chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast or rotissere chicken
- 9 to 12 slider rolls, sliced in half
- 6 to 9 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, cilantro and lime juice. Pulse until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken. Pour the chipotle mayonnaise sauce over the chicken and mix until combined.
- In a 9×9 baking dish, layer the bottom half of the rolls in the bottom of the dish. Spread the chicken over the bottom half of the rolls and then layer with Pepper Jack cheese. Top with remaining half of the rolls.
- Pour the butter over the top of the sandwiches or spread with a pastry brush. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover the sandwiches with tin foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
This post was originally published in 2016. It was updated with new photos and tips in February 2021.
Would you recommend this recipe for those who can’t handle much heat? I’m thinking I might just cut back on the chiles
These sliders aren’t too spicy, but you can use another type of cheese instead of pepper jack, if desired. You can also cut back on the chiles and use 2 tablespoons instead. I hope you enjoy!
We loved this recipe! It had so much flavor. I used cheddar cheese and only 2 tbsp of chiles. It was still a bit spicy for me but so tasty!
These sliders were delicious and easy to make. They went fast!
Yum! I’ve never had chicken sliders before. Only the ham sliders that are so popular. It was great to try this version. Equally as easy to make – but a delicious flavor combo with chicken and spice. Thanks!