This easy Sheet Pan Quesadilla is a fun, easy and delicious recipe to make for lunch or dinner. It’s a great option for parties too!
Quesadillas are always a delicious snack or meal. They are easy to adapt and are perfect for large crowds. Make them for game day or parties. Or enjoy them for an easy lunch or dinner during the week.
The recipe is baked on a small quarter sheet pan, so it makes enough to serve four. You can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd and bake it in a larger pan.
Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients
This recipe makes sheet pan chicken quesadillas, but options for other flavor combinations are provided below too.
Feel free to swap the ingredients with whatever you have available.
- Shredded Cooked Chicken: To save time, use a rotisserie chicken. You can also use any leftover chicken you have on hand or cook a chicken breast and shred.
- Tortillas: Use any type of soft tortillas, about 8 (8 inch) tortillas. If you use 6 inch tortillas, you will need about 9 or 10 tortillas.
- Shredded Cheese: I use a Mexican cheese blend, but you can use any kind of shredded cheese.
- Yellow Corn: You can omit or substitute with something else, if desired.
- Black Beans: For additional protein. You can omit, if desired.
- Spices: This recipe uses a mix of chili powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper. You can substitute with the same amount of taco seasoning, if desired.
Don’t forget to serve these quesadillas with your favorite toppings!
- Sour Cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- Black Olives
Steps to Make Sheet Pan Quesadillas
- Prepare the filling. Mix together the cooked shredded chicken, corn, black beans, chili powder and cumin.
- Assemble the quesadillas. Light grease a quarter sheet pan and line with tortillas so that half of them hang off the edges. The entire bottom of the pan should be covered (see photo above). Add the filling over the tortillas and top with cheese.
- Prepare for baking. Fold the overhanging tortillas back towards the center and then place a few tortillas on top to cover the filling. Place another sheet pan on top of the quesadilla to weigh it down while baking.
- Bake. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit, then remove the top sheet pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve. Cut the tortillas into squares or triangles and serve with your favorite toppings.
Other Filling Variations
The options are endless for making easy sheet pan quesadillas. You can easily make substitutions with whatever ingredients you have available. A few ideas for variations are below.
- Use different fillings. Substitute the chicken for cooked ground beef or sautéed mushrooms or veggies. Omit the corn and black beans or substitute for peppers and onions.
- Add more flavor. To make them spicier, add freshly chopped jalapeños. You can even add a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce. Use fresh cilantro for more flavor.
- Make a larger batch. You can double the recipe for a standard-sized half sheet pan. If you double, it will serve 8.
Easy Party Food Recipes
This easy sheet pan quesadilla recipe is one of my go-to favorites for parties and game day. Serve it with a few other easy party food recipes for delicious celebration!
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review.
Sheet Pan Quesadilla
For the quesadillas:
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas, (about 8 inches)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, (or Mexican cheese blend)
- Sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a quarter sheet pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded chicken, corn, black beans, chili powder and cumin.
- Line the sheet pan with the tortillas so that half of them hang off the sides.
- Spread out the chicken mixture evenly onto the tortillas and top with grated cheese.
- Fold the overhanging tortillas back towards the center and then place a few tortillas on top to cover the filling. Place another sheet pan on top to keep them in place.
- Bake for 20 minutes then remove the top sheet pan and bake the quesadillas uncovered for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut into squares or triangles. Serve warm and top with toppings of your choice.