Combine only five ingredients together in the slow cooker to make these Crockpot Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce! These meatballs are an easy appetizer for holiday parties or potluck dinners.
Crockpot meatballs are my go-to holiday appetizer! They are quick and easy and require only five minutes of prep work. Pop them into your slow cooker and a few hours later you have a flavorful appetizer made for sharing. While you can enjoy these Crockpot Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce all year long, they are especially great for the holidays. The orange juice enhances the flavor of the cranberries and creates a delicious appetizer for entertaining during the holiday season.
Enjoy these meatballs throughout the year by using frozen cranberries to make your own homemade cranberry sauce. Although fresh cranberries are only harvested once per year, we enjoy fresh cranberry flavor throughout the year by stocking my freezer with frozen cranberries. Anything you can make with fresh cranberries, you can also make with frozen cranberries. We use pre-cooked frozen meatballs to keep this recipe convenient and easy. By keeping all of the ingredients for these cranberry meatballs on hand, you can pull together an easy last-minute appetizer.
How to Make Crockpot Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
Making meatballs in the crockpot is so easy! Combine all five ingredients – meatballs, cranberry sauce, orange juice, red pepper flakes and honey in a crockpot. Cook on high for two hours or low for four hours. When the meatballs are done, stir to combine, garnish with fresh parsley or orange zest and enjoy! Minimal prep work and even less clean up.
Tips for making this meatball appetizer
- Use homemade or store-bought cranberry sauce.
- Garnish with orange zest before serving for more citrus flavor.
- You can prep these meatballs up to a day in advance. Reheat in the slow cooker and serve on the warm setting.
- Serve the meatballs with other easy appetizer recipes like Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip or Baba Ganoush and Homemade Pita Chips.
Cocktail meatballs are one of our favorite appetizers to serve. Just dump all of the ingredients into the crockpot and wait for them to cook. It’s that easy! And the result is a tasty appetizer that everyone loves. If you’re looking for more party meatball recipes, try a few of our favorites below.
Cocktail meatballs recipes:
- Turkey meatballs – a classic recipe! Make them smaller and serve with sauce for a crowd.
- Buffalo chicken meatballs – a lighter, healthier version of your favorite buffalo wings!
- Greek meatballs with tzatziki sauce – dip and serve!
- Chicken parmesan meatballs – delicious meatballs that can be made small and served with sauce for parties.
Crockpot Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce and Orange
- 1 (14 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 (12 oz) bags frozen pre-cooked meatballs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or orange zest , (optional)
- Place the cranberry sauce, orange juice, honey, and red pepper flakes in the crock of a slow cooker. Whisk until well combined.
- Place the meatballs in the crock pot and stir until coated.
- Cook for 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low. Keep warm in slow cooker, stirring occasionally until ready to serve. Garnish with parsley or orange zest, if desired.
- Make these meatballs up to one day in advance. Reheat the meatballs in the slow cooker just prior to serving.