This easy Air Fryer Lemon Cod cooks in 15 minutes for an easy dinner recipe. The air fryer creates a crispy, flakey white fish that is flavorful and delicious. Instructions for baking in the oven are also included.
Fresh fish is a great option for dinner. It cooks quickly and easily with a few basic ingredients. Cooking it in the air fryer creates the moist flavorful juicy and slightly crispy fish. Best of all, the fish cooks in less than 15 minutes!
Cod is a white fish with mild flavor. It’s a great choice for dinner and can be served on it’s own or with a simple side dish or salad. It’s nice and flakey and tastes light and fresh.
If you don’t have an air fryer, instructions for baking the fish in the oven are included below.
Ingredients You Need
- Cod: Fresh cod is best, but you can use previously frozen. If using frozen, thaw completely before preparing.
- Fresh Dill: This herb is the perfect compliment to the fish and adds a fresh flavor. You can omit if needed.
- Lemon: Use fresh whole lemons for the best flavor.
- Butter: Salted or unsalted butter works. If using salted butter, you can cut back on the amount of salt.
- Salt and Pepper: To season and add flavor.
Cooking Cod in the Air Fryer
- Prepare the seasoning – Pat the fish dry with a paper towel, then season both sides of the fish with salt and pepper. Melt the butter and add to a small bowl with the dill and lemon zest.
- Coat the fish – Dip each filet into the butter mixture and coat on both sides.
- Cook in the air fryer – Place each filet in the air fryer. Drizzle lemon juice over the top and then place a lemon slice on top of each filet. Cook in the air fryer for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. For extra crispy fish, cook at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
ALTERNATE COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: If you do not have an air fryer, you can bake the cod in the oven. Add the filets to a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and heated through to 145 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
Yes! Air fryers work great for cooking fish. The air fryer helps create a perfectly cooked juicy flesh.
Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or 375 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes. Always cook fish until its opaque and the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
Cod is a light fish with mild flavor. Serve it with your favorite side dish. Fresh vegetables or a simple salad are a good choice. It tastes great with mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries, or even served along side a rice casserole.
Serve this air fryer lemon cod with your favorite easy side dish. A few suggestions for serving are below.
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Crispy Sweet Potato Fries
- Garden Salad
- Roasted Beets
- Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Air Fryer Zucchini
Did you try this easy air fryer cod recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
Air Fryer Lemon Cod
- 1 pound cod filets, fresh or frozen then thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Pat filets dry with a paper towel, then salt and pepper both sides of each filet.
- Add butter to a small, shallow bowl and melt, then add dill and zest. Stir to combine.
- Prepare air fryer basket with parchment paper liner.
- Dip each filet into the butter mixture and coat on both sides, then place in air fryer basket leaving room between each filet.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the top, place a lemon slice on top of each filet.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until thickest part of filet reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
This fish cooked up flakey and delicious in a snap in my air fryer. I love the lemon and combo!
Lemon and cod is truly a match made in heaven! This did not disappoint.