Make these quick and easy Air Fryer Carrot Fries to serve as a side dish to your favorite meal. They are ready in less than 25 minutes!
If you’re looking for a fun and easy way to cook carrots in the air fryer, these delicious carrot fries are the perfect choice. If you prefer, you can roast them in the oven, but cooking them in the air fryer takes only 15 minutes.
Instead of just roasting carrots, these “fries” are a fun way to eat your veggies. Serve them any day of the week with your favorite protein or meal.
Ingredients You Need
This easy side dish comes together with just four ingredients!
- Carrots: Whole carrots work best, but you can also use carrot sticks, cut into matchsticks.
- Seasonings: Use garlic powder, parsley and salt. Or any seasonings of your choice.
- Cooking Oil: Extra virgin olive oil yields the best texture and flavor. Avocado oil works too.
EQUIPMENT: You will need an air fryer for this recipe. Alternatively, you can cook these carrot fries in the oven. Instructions for baking are below.
Steps to Make Air Fryer Carrots
Step 1: Season – Combine the carrots, olive oil, garlic powder and salt in a large bowl.
Step 2: Roast – Place the carrots in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or at the highest temperature that the air fry will cook for 15 to 18 minutes, stirring them halfway through cooking.
BAKING IN THE OVEN: If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these in the oven. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes, or until crispy.
- Cut the carrots into pieces of the same size. This ensures that they cook evenly. They will shrink a little while roasting.
- Use good quality olive oil. Quality oil adds the best flavor and helps create the roasted texture. If you omit the oil, the carrots will be much drier.
- Using frozen carrots: You can use frozen carrots instead of fresh.
- Cooking time: Exact cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer.
- Serve with dipping sauce: Ketchup, honey mustard or a spicy mayo taste great with these fries.
- Add other seasonings: You can adjust the seasonings and use other flavors like paprika, cumin, garlic powder or turmeric. Or add freshly grated Parmesan cheese after the carrots are done cooking.
What to Serve with Carrot Fries
Make a batch of these air fryer carrots to serve with your favorite protein or main dish.
- Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Lemon Cod
- Coconut Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
Did you make this recipe? Click here to leave a review.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, or olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine carrots, olive oil, garlic powder and salt and stir until combined.
- Place them in the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes, stirring them halfway through cooking. Spread the out so that they don't overlap.
- Remove from the fryer and serve immediately with dipping sauces of your choice.
- These fries should be crisp, but they might not be as crispy as baking them at a high temperature in the oven.
- You can double the recipe to make a larger batch.
- You may need to cook the fries in batches if you have a small air fryer.