Strawberry, spinach and asparagus salad is made with fresh spring veggies, strawberries, almonds and goat cheese! An easy, beautiful and flavorful spring salad!
What is your favorite thing about spring? The warmer weather, the bright spring flowers or perhaps the longer days? I love opening my windows, going for a long run in the evening while there is still day light and everything green. Spring brings green grass, green and yellow pollen and green veggies! Ok, I guess I love everything but the pollen.
As a fresh green salad with red berries, this strawberry, spinach and asparagus salad is packed with superfoods. It makes the perfect lunch and a great side salad with dinner. I love to serve it with a simple grilled or baked salmon.
After procrastinating for a few weeks, I finally planted my spring garden this past weekend. I can’t wait to harvest fresh green beans, zucchini, squash, peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers. I didn’t even have to buy new tomato plants because our tomato plants from last year actually reseeded and are growing. One of the benefits of living in a warm climate is that it never really gets cold enough to kill most plants so they come back the next year.
Green is good, but do you know what makes a green salad even better? Strawberries! The beautiful red color and sweet flavor complements the nutrient-rich greens. Strawberry spinach and asparagus salad is one of my favorite ways to enjoy the taste of the season.
Strawberry, Spinach and Asparagus Salad
- 2 cups fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 heaping cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced in half
- 1 large spring onion chopped
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 ounce goat cheese crumbled
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water mixed with a teaspoon of salt to a boil over medium heat. Set aside a bowl of iced water. Add the asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Drain the asparagus and immediately add it to the ice water.
- In a large bowl combine asparagus, spinach, strawberries, onion, pea shoots, almonds and goat cheese. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly to coat.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 172, Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 46mg, Potassium: 364mg, Carbohydrates: 14g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 9g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 42.7%, Vitamin C: 88.2%, Calcium: 6.6%, Iron: 13.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.