One of the reasons I love the holidays is because I love entertaining. I love making food and sharing it with others. I love enjoying the time with friends and family. I find that if I am preparing a whole meal then I don’t spend a lot of time on appetizers. Usually, I just serve some cheese, fruit and nuts. And if I am having a party where I only serve finger foods, then I want to prepare appetizers that are quick and easy. These cranberry brie bites are the perfect little appetizer to serve at your next dinner party or holiday event. They require minimal prep and cook time. I highly recommend using the apple cranberry sauce that I posted earlier this week.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 1/2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 puff pastry sheets thawed
- 1 brie triangle chilled
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into approximately 3 inch squares and place into mini muffin tins, pressing them into the shape of the muffin tin. Place a 1-inch slice of brie in the center of each pastry and top with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce. Bake 10 minutes, or until pastry corners are toasted light brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with pistachios just before serving, if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 355, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 230mg, Potassium: 88mg, Carbohydrates: 32g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 13g, Protein: 7g, Vitamin A: 135%, Vitamin C: 0.8%, Calcium: 43%, Iron: 1.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.