Cranberry brie bites are simple and easy puff pastry appetizers for the holidays that quickly come together in just fifteen minutes! A simple cranberry sauce and brie is combined with a buttery puff pastry for these bite sized, crowd pleasing treats!
I love quick and simple Christmas appetizers! These cranberry brie bites are so easy to make during a busy holiday season. The savory brie paired with the tarte taste of cranberry is the perfect combination – plus puff pastry appetizers are always so quick and simple to prepare when you are in a pinch!
I love using this Apple Cranberry Sauce in this recipe – but any type of cranberry sauce works great.
How to Make Cranberry Brie Bites
Cranberry brie bites are so simple to make!
Just take puff pastry sheets and cut into three inch squares. Place each square into a greased mini muffin tin. Place a slice of brie onto each puff pastry and then top with cranberry sauce. It’s that easy!
Bake for ten minutes in a preheated oven of 375 degrees, or until the pastry is lightly toasted. Garnish with pistachios right before serving, if desired.
Tips for Making Brie Bites
How do you keep baked brie warm? Once out of the oven, wrap the dish in foil to keep warm. You can also rewarm the bites in the microwave for a few seconds or in a warm oven for just a few minutes.
Can you save leftover baked brie? Yes – just make sure to keep the brie in a sealed container and refrigerate it for two to four days. If you would like to save for longer, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze in a sealed container.
Can you leave baked brie out overnight? Brie and other soft cheeses are meant to be served at room temperature, but to be safe, it’s best to refrigerate food after being left out at room temperature for longer than two hours.
Can you reheat brie in the microwave? Yes! Pop these easy appetizers in the microwave for 20-30 seconds at a time to reheat if needed.
Can you eat the white part of brie cheese? Yes you can eat the rind (white part) of the cheese. The rinds are just dried and hardened outer layers of the cheese.
Sauce – Use quality sauce to create the most flavorful bites. We love using homemade cranberry sauce. Add a drizzle of honey or a squeeze of orange juice to add more flavor to the sauce, if desired.
Easy Brie Bites
These brie bites are the perfect simple puff pastry appetizer for holiday entertaining. – and they come together with less than ten minutes of prep time and only three ingredients! It doesn’t get easier than this! Baked brie is always a fan-favorite at parties, but when it’s paired with cranberry sauce (a holiday staple!) and a buttery puff pastry, they are truly a crowd pleaser. Bake a batch of these for each party and event on your calendar this holiday season.
Quick and Easy Thanksgiving or Christmas Appetizers
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip – cooks in the slow cooker to make prep and serving easy!
- Crockpot Cranberry Sauce Meatballs – another easy recipe that everyone loves that also cooks in the crockpot.
- Mini Bacon Butternut Squash Cups – a perfect flavorful bite for a Thanksgiving or Christmas appetizer.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pears – three ingredients are all you need for this tasty appetizer!
- Baba Ganoush – a classic healthy dip that’s perfect for any time of the year.
- Ham and Cheese Pinwheels – easy little mini sandwiches that everyone will love!
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 1/2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 brie triangle, chilled (about 8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into approximately 3 inch squares and place into mini muffin tins, pressing them into the shape of the muffin tin. Place a 1-inch slice of brie in the center of each pastry and top with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce. Bake 10 minutes, or until pastry corners are toasted light brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with pistachios just before serving, if desired.
- Use your favorite cranberry sauce for this recipe. We use our homemade apple cranberry sauce.