Learn how to make this easy recipe for Apple Overnight Oats. These apple cinnamon oats are the perfect breakfast or snack requiring only 10 minutes of prep time and no cooking!
These oats the perfect way to start your day! The entire meal is prepped the night before and you have tasty oats ready for you to enjoy in the morning. This overnight oats recipe uses a few simple ingredients that are good for you. It can be adapted to fit your tastes and is vegan and naturally gluten free.
What are overnight oats?
Overnight Oats are oats that sit overnight in a liquid mixture. The liquid helps soak the oats so that it’s almost like cooking them, without actually turning on the stove. Enjoy the oats straight from the refrigerator cold or warm them up. They are easy on your stomach and are packed with flavor and nutrients.
Tips for making the best oats
- Feel free to switch out the apples for your favorite oatmeal toppings. We also love enjoying this recipe with strawberries, blueberries, almonds or coconut.
- You can adjust the consistency by adding more oats or milk. We like our oats thiner, so we add even more milk.
- You can layer the oats and apples by alternating between oats and freshly chopped apples.
- Use a mason jar or resealable container to store the oats.
- Refrigerate the oats overnight for up to 3 days. Serve them warm or cold.
Other easy breakfast or snack recipes
- Fruit and yogurt parfait
- Apple steel cut oatmeal
- Homemade granola – add fresh fruit and milk
- Peanut butter banana smoothie
- Chocolate peanut butter granola bars
These oats will soon be a staple in your kitchen. They are a classic choice for breakfast or snack and are perfect for meal prep. Try them and let us know what you think!
Easy Apple Overnight Oats
- 1/4 cup milk, (dairy, almond, soy, oat, etc)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt, (or dairy free yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey , or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon chopped apples
- In a jar or resealable container, combine 1/4 cup milk, oats, yogurt, chia seeds, honey or maple syrup and cinnamon. Stir well to combine, adding more milk or oats until the desired consistency is reached.
- Top with chopped apples and an additional sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 3 to 4 days. Enjoy chilled topped with pecans or microwave without the lid and serve warm.
- Double or triple this batch to make more oats.
- These are great for meal prep.
- Switch out other fruit for the apples and cinnamon to create your own flavor combination.
Recipe is slightly adapted from the version that originally appeared on Yellow Bliss Road.