Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Hummus is made with classic hummus ingredients plus pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg to create a savory fall snack!
Are you picky about pumpkin? Do you like it baked into dessert but not in a savory side dish? Or do you prefer roasted pumpkin seeds and pass on the squash all together? I’ll admit that I am a picky pumpkin eater. I can’t even begin to tell you how many pumpkin recipes I tested this season only to pass on them all together. They were either not enough pumpkin flavor, too much pumpkin flavor or not the right flavor combination at all. I prefer pumpkin dishes to have the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor. Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Hummus is a tasty snack option that passed my pumpkin test. Combined with an assortment of subtle fall flavors, it creates a healthier snack for even picky pumpkin lovers.
Pumpkin works really well with other flavors that complement it and not overpower it. Maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg are all subtle flavors that pair well with pumpkin but do not try to outshine the squash. Pumpkin hummus is surprisingly packed with just the right amount of pumpkin flavor. The savory yet satisfying snack is a great addition to a fall cheese board. It comes together in less than 15 minutes so it is a great addition for dinner parties, holiday gatherings and more. Make a batch at the beginning of the week to enjoy for snack during the week.
Perhaps the best part of the Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Hummus is the addition of the roasted Cinnamon Spice Pepitas. Crunchy little pepitas are roasted with a few simple ingredients for only five minutes. Sprinkle them over the hummus for a crunchy addition.
Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Hummus
- 15 ounces chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed (1 can)
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons oil use a neutral flavored oil like olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup plus extra for drizzling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- cinnamon spice pepitas for garnish
- Add all of the ingredients for the hummus (chickpeas to nutmeg) to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl for serving. Drizzle extra maple syrup on top and sprinkle with cinnamon spice pepitas, as desired. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 217, Fat: 9g, Sodium: 8mg, Potassium: 307mg, Carbohydrates: 27g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 7g, Vitamin A: 95.7%, Vitamin C: 2.9%, Calcium: 6.2%, Iron: 15.2%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.