Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar Topping are a fall treat that the entire family will love! These pumpkin donuts are so good, you won’t be able to eat just one. Best of all, they are made in only 25 minutes!
Have you ever made homemade baked donuts? They are so easy to make! We love making baked donuts because they are lighter than fried donuts and taste just as delicious. Baked pumpkin donuts are a classic fall donuts made with a few simple ingredients in only 25 minutes. Grab your favorite donut pan and bake these donuts. You won’t regret it!
How to make baked pumpkin donuts
Besides measuring the ingredients, these pumpkin donuts require only three steps. Mix, bake and coat in delicious cinnamon-sugar topping. It’s that easy!
- First, combine oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, baking powder and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Second, spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Fill each donut cup about 3/4 full (use a pastry bag with the end snipped off to do it neatly.) Bake for 15 minutes and then cool before removing from the pan.
- Last, make the cinnamon sugar topping. Brush each baked donut with melted butter and toss in the cinnamon-sugar topping.
We use a 6 cavity donut pan to make these pumpkin donuts. Use two pans to bake one dozen donuts. Baked them side by side in the oven.
Do you need an excuse to break out your donut pan? Make a batch of these fluffy baked pumpkin donuts and your entire family will be asking for more. Then try one of our other favorite homemade donut recipes below!
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Banana Donuts
- Jelly Donuts
- Low Carb Donuts
- Old Fashioned Donuts
- Chocolate Glazed Donuts
Baked Pumpkin Donuts
For make the donuts:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the cinnamon-sugar topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
To make the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
Beat together oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, baking powder and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
Fill each donut cup about 3/4 full (I use a pastry bag with the end snipped off to do it neatly.) Bake for 15 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
To make the cinnamon-sugar topping:
Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl until well combined. Brush each donut with melted butter then toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture until evenly coated.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 323, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 228mg, Potassium: 148mg, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 34g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 4885%, Vitamin C: 1.3%, Calcium: 42%, Iron: 1.5%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.