Learn how to make easy baked apple cider donuts with this homemade recipe made in less than 20 minutes! These donuts are made with fresh apple cider and taste delicious.
During the fall, we crave everything made with apples – apple pie, apple cider and of course, apple cider donuts. These little donuts are baked in the oven and are coated in a cinnamon sugar. Best of all, they are made in less than 20 minutes to create an easy fall treat worth making any day. Grab a glass of apple cider and enjoy these baked apple cider donuts!
These baked apple cider donuts are the perfect fall treat. They only require one bowl and are relatively quick and easy. Since they are baked, they are light and fluffy. We love serving them with a cup of cold apple cider or a cup of hot coffee.
How to make baked apple cider donuts
- First, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Add the cider, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Mix well to make the donut batter.
- Next, spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Fill each donut cup about 3/4 full and bake. We use a pastry bag with the end cut off to do it neatly.
- While the donuts are baking, make the cinnamon sugar topping. After the donuts are baked, brush each with melted butter and then toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat evenly.
Why are they called apple cider donuts?
Apple cider donuts are made with apple cider, cinnamon and a few other ingredients. They are frequently sold at cider mills in New England.
Can apple cider donuts be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze apple cider donuts. We recommend freezing them before coating them in the cinnamon sugar. Store in a sealed container or bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to eat, thaw, cover with a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Brush with melted butter and then coat in cinnamon sugar.
Try this easy apple cider donut recipe and then let us know what you think! We think you’re going to love them because they are irresistible. If you love apple flavor, then you’re also going to love baked apple pie egg rolls, apple crisp and apple crisp bars.
We use two of these small donut pans.
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
For the donuts:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
To make the donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl. Add cider, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Mix until well blended.
- Fill each donut cup about ¾ full (I use a pastry bag with the end snipped to do it neatly.) Bake for 10 minutes until donuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
To make the cinnamon-sugar topping:
Mix together sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl until well combined. Brush each donut with melted butter then toss in cinnamon-sugar mixture until evenly coated.
- These donuts can be frozen, but we recommend freezing prior to coating them in the cinnamon sugar.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 204, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 35mg, Sodium: 234mg, Potassium: 122mg, Carbohydrates: 39g, Sugar: 22g, Protein: 3g, Vitamin A: 135%, Vitamin C: 0.1%, Calcium: 52%, Iron: 1.2%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.