Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are easy to make in less than 20 minutes! These soft pumpkin cookies are made with chocolate chips to create a delectable recipe that everyone loves.
Chocolate and pumpkin is a great combination! We love these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies because they are a flavorful fall twist on classic chocolate chip cookies. We add pumpkin and Pumpkin Pie Spice to create a soft pumpkin cookie packed with fall flavors and chocolate chips. Everyone loves these cookies!
This recipe makes a relatively large batch of 36 small to medium sized cookies. The pumpkin helps create a soft chocolate chip cookie. Best of all, these cookies are ready in less than 25 minutes!
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- First, mix together the dry ingredients for the cookies.
- Next, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the additional wet ingredients and mix until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and then use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies and then cool completely.
How do you know when pumpkin cookies are done?
The pumpkin cookies are done when they begin the brown around the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes.
How many calories are in a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie?
This recipe makes 36 small to medium sized cookies. Each cookie has about 165 calories each.
How should you store chocolate chip cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. You can also freeze the cookies in a freezer safe bag or container for up to three months.
These soft pumpkin cookies are one of our favorite fall desserts. They are the perfect cookie to eat all season long and are great for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Bake a batch to share with your friends and family!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin and mix until combined, about 3 minutes. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- inspired by and adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
Nutrition InformationCalories: 165, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 19mg, Sodium: 101mg, Potassium: 42mg, Carbohydrates: 23g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 1240%, Vitamin C: 0.3%, Calcium: 23%, Iron: 0.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.