The best frozen strawberry margarita is made with fresh strawberries and a few other simple ingredients! This recipe makes four servings in less than 10 minutes.
Combine freshly squeezed juice and strawberries to create the perfect margarita. Strawberry margaritas are a classic summer drink. They are refreshing, flavorful and easily adapted to fit your taste. The combination of fresh berries with citrus juice enhances the flavor of the berries. Sip these poolside or serve with a delicious entree and fresh sides to create an entire meal.
How to make a frozen strawberry margarita
- Ingredients for margarita: Gather together strawberries, limes, orange juice, sugar or agave, tequila and ice.
- Make a simple syrup: Dissolve the sugar in lime juice over medium heat.
- Blend the margaritas: Combine the ingredients together in a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve margaritas: Coat the rim of glass in lime juice and salt or sugar, if desired.
We love serving margaritas with a few of our favorite fresh an easy entrees and sides.
- Chicken Tacos
- Barbacoa Tacos
- Mexican Corn on the Cob
- Watermelon Fruit Salad
- Cobb Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
Adapt the recipe to fit your taste. Use agave instead of sugar and adjust the amount of juice or ice depending on your desired taste and consistency. Try this easy homemade margarita and let us know what you think!
Best Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or agave)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 10 to 12 strawberries sliced
- 6 ounces tequila
- 1-2 cups ice cubes
- salt or coarse sugar for rimming glasses optional
- Heat lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place lime mixture, orange juice, strawberries, tequila and 1 cup of ice in a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add more ice and blend, as desired.
- Dip rim of glasses into extra lime juice and then into salt or sugar, if desired.
- This recipe can be adapted to suit your taste. Add more fruit, ice or sugar, to taste.
- You can use agave instead of sugar, if desired.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 181, Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 5mg, Potassium: 158mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 17g, Protein: 1g, Vitamin A: 72%, Vitamin C: 46%, Calcium: 13%, Iron: 1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Recipe originally published in 2013 and updated in June 2020.