Acai bowls are the perfect breakfast or post-workout snack! Learn how to make acai bowl with this easy homemade acai bowl recipe. Top them with plenty of fresh berries and crunchy granola!
After morning runs or before we fuel up for the day ahead, we often crave refreshing acai bowls. The bowls are the perfect breakfast or post-workout snack. It is like a smoothie in bowl form with fresh berries and granola clusters layered on top. This very berry acai bowl recipe is super quick, packed with flavor and loaded with powerful nutrients and antioxidants.
Acai is often considered one of the world’s “superfoods”. Packed with healthy nutrients and antioxidants, these foods will help you live longer – blueberries, quinoa and chia are a few. But, do you know that acai berries are also packed with antioxidants and healthy omegas? The reddish-purple fruit comes from the acai palm tree, which is native to Central and South America. So much goodness is packed into one little berry.
If it looks like a simple recipe, that’s because it is. Just throw some berries, banana and liquid into a food processor along with the frozen acai and you have a healthy treat. It’s a great on-the-go breakfast or snack that is ready in less than 10 minutes!
How to make acai bowl
Add all of the ingredients below to a blender or a food processor. Blend well. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and sprinkle with your favorite toppings.
Acai bowl ingredients
- Frozen acai (available in the freezer section of most major grocery stores)
- Strawberries – fresh or frozen
- Milk – almond, soy or other
- Fresh berries – strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Tropical flavors – coconut, mango, kiwi and banana.
- Crunchy toppings – nuts, oats, chia, granola clusters and coconut.
- Sweet toppings – chocolate or dried fruit.
Top these bowls with a combination of your favorite ingredients to create a different meal every single time.
Acai bowl nutrition
Full nutritional information for this acai bowl is below. With the acai and berries this bowl is loaded with powerful nutrients and antioxidants. It’s the perfect breakfast or snack with about 400 calories including (all of the toppings) in one large serving.
If you love this homemade acai bowl recipe, try some of our other favorite healthy breakfast or snack ideas including smoothies and more. Many of these recipes are great for on-the-go and are ready in little time!
If you’re in a rush, enjoy this bowl as a simple smoothie without the additional toppings.
Healthy breakfast ideas
- Peanut butter banana smoothie
- Sweet potato toast
- Trail mix breakfast bars
- Almond flour pancakes
- Southwest egg muffin cups
Very Berry Acai Bowl
- 7 ounces frozen acai, softened (available in the freezer section of Whole Foods and other grocery stores)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup almond or soy milk
- handful spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup granola clusters
- Add the acai, banana, strawberries, almond milk and spinach to a blender or food processor. Blend well. Transfer mixture to a bowl and sprinkle with toppings.
- Acai is available at most large grocery stores including Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Publix and more.
- Top these bowls with your favorite toppings. You can also enjoy it as a smoothie without the additional toppings.