Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a simple chopped Greek salad made with the freshest flavors including grape tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and more! Ready in only 20 minutes.
The best salads taste great as a side or even a full meal. A simple greek salad is always a great option. Add some chickpeas and other chopped vegetables to create a crisp, fresh and delicious salad for any time. The dressing is a simple olive oil red wine vinaigrette. Add some feta for additional texture and flavor.
This easy Mediterranean chopped salad is easily adapted to fit your taste. We love including chickpeas for protein. You can omit an ingredient if desired. Add salmon, chicken or shrimp to make it a complete meal.
If you make chopped salads often, it’s worth investing in a salad chopper and bowl. It makes chopping easy as you add everything to the bowl and use the chopper. This kitchen tool is one of the most used items in my kitchen. However, a knife works just fine too.
Mediterranean salad dressing
This classic dressing combines only three ingredients – olive oil, red wine vinegar and garlic. Whisk to blend and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve tossed with salad.
Easy side salad recipes
- Garden Salad
- Watermelon Fruit Salad
- Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Corn and Tomato Salad
- Tortellini Pasta Salad
An easy Mediterranean chopped salad comes together in little time. Prep it ahead and enjoy it for lunch throughout the week or serve it alongside your favorite protein for dinner. This versatile salad is packed with simple flavors and is good for you too.
Try it and let us know what you think!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 medium cucumber peeled, seeded and diced into ½ inch chunks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove minced
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 romaine heart cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- dash ground black pepper
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and salt in colander set over a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion, and parsley; toss and let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add romaine and feta; toss to combine. Season with pepper and serve.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 237, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 25mg, Sodium: 1177mg, Potassium: 526mg, Carbohydrates: 11g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 6g, Vitamin A: 4318%, Vitamin C: 31%, Calcium: 191%, Iron: 2%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Recipe originally published August 2013, updated June 2020.