Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Creamy Chicken Fajita Chopped Salad comes together in less than 15 minutes! It is packed with fresh veggies, butter lettuce, creamy white cheddar dressing and fajita seasoning.
Lunch this summer is a fresh, crunchy and flavor-packed salad. Strawberry Cucumber Mozzarella Salad, Triple Berry Couscous Salad, and these Pineapple Mango Buffalo Chicken Taco Bowls are three tasty salads that are on my lunch rotation. But, the favorite salad on my lunch rotation is the Creamy Chicken Fajita Chopped Salad that I am sharing with you today. Like the other salads, this one is simple, fresh, easy and packed with flavor. It is a great choice to enjoy all year long. Pack it in a mason jar for an easy on-the-go lunch!
For this salad, I use organicgirl true hearts butter and organicgirl white cheddar dressing. Coarsely chop the sweet and crispy butter heart leaves and combine with bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, corn and red onion. Whisk together the fajita or taco seasoning with the white cheddar dressing and drizzle over the top of the entire salad. Do you love salad dressings with minimal ingredients and made without GMOs? If so, then I highly recommend trying oranicgirl salad dressings. The white cheddar is my favorite, but they also offer lemon agave, pomegranate balsamic and more. They are naturally gluten free and made with minimal ingredients. Find them with the refrigerated salad dressings next to the fresh greens at your local grocery store.
Creamy Chicken Fajita Chopped Salad
- 4 ounces organicgirl white cheddar dressing
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 5 ounces organicgirl butter greens, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken breast**
- one small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- one small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- one medium avocado, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk together the white cheddar dressing with the fajita or taco seasoning.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, chicken, bell peppers, avocado, tomatoes, corn and red onion. Pour salad dressing over the top and mix to combine. Serve immediately.***
- To make the fajita seasoning, combine 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, pinch of onion powder, pinch of garlic powder, pinch of cayenne powder and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- Use store-bought rotisserie chicken, if desired.
- You can prep the salad without the dressing in advance and store in the refrigerator. Add the salad dressing just prior to serving.
This post is sponsored by organicgirl. As always, all opinions are my own.
Tried it with cilantro lime dressing. Amazing! Pregnant wife loved it!
I love cilantro lime dressing. Great choice! Thanks for the feedback.