How was your weekend? I tried to relax as much as possible. With work picking up, I’m not sure how many more weekends I will have free between now and May. I attended a few classes at the gym, watched the Olympics and organized all of my seasonal baking supplies. I also tried planning our weeknight meals for the next month. Do you meal plan in advance? It’s not easy, but I think it is essential when the weeks are so hectic. A few weeks ago I realized that I was stuck in a rut with preparing weeknight meals. I was bored with my typical winter favorites. So I decided that I needed to mix it up with a few new favorites. This One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta is my new favorite quick and easy weeknight meal.
Don’t wait, just make this dish for dinner tonight. You will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Even the pasta cooks in the pan so there is no need to prepare before hand. And you can use a shredded rotisserie chicken to make this dish even easier.
I’ve been making this pasta at least once a week. It lasts us for a few days as leftovers too. But I’m still searching for a few more weeknight meals to add to the menu. What are your favorite weeknight meals?
One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 10 ounce can of enchilada sauce enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 15 ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cups mild cheddar cheese shredded
- cilantro chives, avocado and sour cream for topping, as desired
- In a large skillet over high heat, combine the pasta, tomatoes, enchilada sauce and water. Heat to a boil then reduce temperature to medium heat; add chicken, black beans, corn and taco seasoning. Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until pasta is tender and cooked through.
- Stir in cheese and add additional toppings, as desired. Serve immediately.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat prior to serving.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 507, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 59mg, Sodium: 734mg, Potassium: 750mg, Carbohydrates: 69g, Fiber: 11g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 34g, Vitamin A: 730%, Vitamin C: 9.2%, Calcium: 181%, Iron: 4.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.