Combine a few simple ingredients to create a Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Skillet made in less than 30 minutes! The skillet is packed with fresh flavor and hearty ingredients.
Yes, I created another easy skillet dinner that you will love! Creamy tomato basil tortellini skillet is made with a few simple ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. The creamy sauce includes high quality Tuttorosso diced tomatoes, heavy cream, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Combine the sauce with tortellini, spinach, basil and more diced tomatoes to create a meal that the entire family will love.
Tuttorosso diced tomatoes are a staple in my pantry. Because I always choose ingredients with the best flavor, Tuttorosso tomatoes are always my go-to choice for canned tomatoes. Tuttorosso tomatoes are always high quality and packed with fresh tomato flavor. The tomatoes are picked at peak ripeness using on Non-GMO ingredients and BPA free cans. Nothing artificial is ever added and there is never any “can” taste. Thanks to the unique Steam-Sealed Flavor-Lo™ system, the fresh tomato flavor is locked into the tomatoes. I highly recommend purchasing a can of Tuttorosso tomatoes to compare them to other leading tomato brands. The only way to compare is to actually taste the difference. I promise that you won’t be disappointed!
Thanks to always great tasting Tuttorosso tomatoes, this easy tortellini pasta skillet is packed with fresh flavor. The entire meals cooks in one pan to make prep and clean up easy. Make this meal during the week to enjoy with your family and save any leftovers for lunch. It tastes great reheated too.
How to Make Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Skillet
Puree half of the tomatoes in a food processor. Combine with the heavy cream and garlic in a skillet. Boil and whisk constantly. Lower heat to a simmer and stir until slightly thickened. Once the sauce is thickened, add the tortellini, Parmesan cheese, spinach, basil, remaining diced tomatoes, vegetable broth and oregano. Cook the skillet over a low simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and serve. It’s that easy!
Frequently asked questions:
Where are Tuttorosso tomatoes grown?
Tutrorosso tomatoes are grown only in the United States. They are grown in only the best soil in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
Where can I find Tuttoroso tomatoes?
I frequently find Tuttorosso tomatoes at my local grocery stores including Publix and Walmart. Use the store locator to locate Tuttorosso near you.
How do you cook pasta in a skillet?
Pasta can be cooked in a skillet with other ingredients. The liquid in this creamy tomato basil tortellini skillet cooks the past in under 10 minutes.
How do you make tomato basil cream sauce?
Tomato basil cream sauce is made with only a few ingredients including heavy cream, pureed tomatoes or tomato sauce, garlic and fresh or dried basil. The sauce is heated over a low simmer to create a creamy sauce.
If you want to learn more about Tuttorosso and check out more great recipes featuring the tomatoes, visit tuttorossotomatoes.com.
Other Easy Skillet Dinner Recipes:
- Garlic Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- Parmesan Herb Chicken, Mushroom and Orzo Skillet
- One Pot Tortellini Minestrone Soup
Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Skillet
- 1 (20 ounce) can Tuttorosso diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic,, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese,, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 9 ounces refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Puree of the tomatoes (14 oz) in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add pureed tomatoes, garlic and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and stir. Reduce heat to low simmer and stir until slightly thickened.
- Increase heat to medium. Add spinach, basil, Parmesan cheese, oregano, tortellini and remaining tomatoes (including liquid) to the skillet. Stir until spinach is wilted. Add vegetable broth and press the tortellini below the liquid (if needed added a bit more cream or broth). Cook until the tortellini is warmed through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
SHOP THE RECIPE TOOLS & INGREDIENTS
*If you try this recipe, don’t forget to share a photo and tag @SPOONFULFLAVOR on Instagram.
**Also, if you try this recipe, please comment and rate it. I love hearing your feedback and answering your questions!
This post contains affiliate links.