Creamy Lemon Asparagus Salmon Pasta is the perfect dinner recipe! It’s a complete meal made with fresh ingredients and plant-based protein from Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce.
We’re always looking for healthy, yet simple and tasty, weeknight meals! You too? Today we’re sharing this Creamy Lemon Asparagus Salmon Pasta made with legume pasta that’ll be a deliciously healthy addition to your weeknight meals, full of protein and flavor.
For this recipe, we use Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce, made with chickpeas and nothing else. Pasta Lensi is a legume pasta that we love to incorporate into our diet regularly, to help us add protein to our diet while enjoying delicious meals.
Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce Pasta
Unlike other legume pastas, Pasta Lensi is made from one simple ingredient, adding protein and fiber as well as a robust taste. Pasta Lensi contains 22 grams of plant-based protein per 3.5 ounce serving making it an excellent addition to any meal. We love using the Chickpea Casarecce variety too because it’s a fun noodle that makes our weeknight look more special. It’s made in Italy and is available at many large retailers in the U.S.
There are so many ways you can enjoy this Chickpea Casarecce. Adding it to Greek Chicken Pasta Salad or Creamy Mushroom Spinach Pasta. Or trying it in a new fun recipe that you create with your own combination of ingredients.
Creamy Lemon Asparagus Salmon Pasta Recipe
This recipe comes together easily for a delicious dinner any day of the week. It’s great for both kids and adults.
- Step 1: Cook the pasta according to package instructions, draining and rinsing as necessary. Reserve 1/2 cup water.
- Step 2 (while the pasta is cooking): Cook the salmon in a skillet.
- Step 3: Cook the asparagus, shallot, garlic, wine, chicken stock and cream cheese in a skillet. Full recipe details are below.
- Step 4: Add other ingredients – stir in the pasta, Parmesan, heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley.
- Step 5: Flake salmon into large chunks and serve over pasta.
We like to combine this Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce with other flavorful and high-protein alternatives like cooked salmon for additional protein and flavor. You can also substitute the salmon for baked or grilled chicken or grilled lobster.
We keep this dish light and creamy by adding a small amount of heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. The asparagus adds more flavor and nutrients.
We love the combination of flavors in this salmon pasta and know that you will too. The Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce pairs well with the fresh salmon, asparagus and lemon flavor. It’s a dish fit for the entire family that is light and delicious.
Try this easy dinner and let us know what you think!
Creamy Lemon Asparagus Salmon Pasta
- 1 pound salmon, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ounces Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce Pasta
- 3/4 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed, remaining diced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 lemon zested and juiced
- Chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, draining and rinsing as necessary. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon evenly with salt and pepper. Add salmon to skillet and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of filet registers 145 degrees F. Remove from heat, transfer to a sheet of foil and wrap to keep warm, set aside. Flake salmon into large chunks.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, shallots and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender and onions are translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Add garlic and stir for one minute. Add wine and deglaze the pan, stirring occasionally, until liquid is partially reduced, about 1 minute.
- Add stock, 1/4 cup of the reserved cooking water and cream cheese. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring to melt the cream cheese, then let sit, undisturbed for 1 minute. Stir in cooked pasta, Parmesan, heavy cream, lemon zest, lemon juice and parsley. Remove from heat, add cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time until pasta is well coated and desired consistency is reached. Cover to keep warm.
- Divide pasta mixture evenly between bowls and top with salmon pieces. Drizzle with additional olive oil before serving, if desired.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This post is sponsored by Pasta Lensi. As always, all opinions are my own.