This No Bake Peanut Butter Pie is one of the best dessert recipes made with a few basic ingredients. Try the pie garnished with whipped cream, peanut butter and crushed peanuts.
Everyone loves a classic pie! If you’re looking for something sweet with plenty of peanut butter flavor, this easy peanut butter pie comes together with a few basic steps. It’s creamy, rich and delicious.
No chocolate here, just whipped peanut butter cream cheese filling layered over a simple no bake graham cracker crust. If you love peanut butter cookies, then you will love this pie.
The pie requires only 15 minutes of hands on prep and comes together with a few simple ingredients. Serve it with fresh whipped cream for the ultimate dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This easy peanut butter pie requires no baking. The crust and filling set in the fridge so there is no need to turn on your oven.
- It requires less than 15 minutes of hands on prep! The remaining time includes chilling the pie in the refrigerator.
- Serve this pie any time of the year. It’s great for summertime gatherings or for the holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Butter: Use unsalted melted butter. You can use salted butter, if needed.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Use graham cracker crumbs for a simple no bake graham cracker crust.
- Cream Cheese: Full fat cream cheese is preferred for the best flavor, however you can use reduced fat cream cheese, if desired. The cream cheese should be softened.
- Peanut Butter: Use creamy peanut butter for this pie to create the best texture.
- Powdered Sugar: This helps sweeten the pie and create the whipped filling. You only need 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Vanilla: Adds flavor.
- Whipped Cream: Homemade whipped cream is preferred for the best flavor. You can also use store bought whipped cream or cool whip, if desired.
- Optional: Garnish this pie with crushed peanuts and melted peanut butter for more peanut butter flavor.
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Prepare the pie crust. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix until the crumbs are well moistened. Pour into a 9″ pie plate and press evenly on the bottom and sides.
- Chill pie crust in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl (you can use a hand mixer or stand mixer), combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream until just combined.
- Fill the crust. Transfer the peanut butter filling mixture to the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Chill the pie. Cover the pie in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Top the pie with whipped topping and garnishes before serving. You can garnish with a drizzle of peanut butter and crushed peanuts.
If you want to add chocolate, feel free to garnish with chocolate sauce or whipped cream and mini chocolate chips. You can also add diced peanut butter cups for garnish.
- Use a store-bought pre-made graham cracker pie crust to save even more time. You can also use a chocolate cookie pie crust or oreo crust to make a chocolate peanut butter combination.
- Add chocolate by using a chocolate crust or chocolate sauce for garnish. You can also sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Double the recipe! You can easily double this easy peanut butter pie recipe and make two pies. You can also prepare it in a 9×13 rectangular baking dish and served it as bars.
- Freeze it! This pie tastes amazing frozen. You can freeze it with or without the whipped cream. Either way is delicious.
- Add chopped peanut butter cups for garnish.
Anyone who loves peanut butter loves this pie. But if you’re looking for more try recipes, try a few of our favorite easy pies.
Other Easy Pie Recipes
Did you try this no bake peanut butter pie recipe? If so, leave a recipe rating and review below.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 cup powered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream, homemade or store-bought, plus more for garnish
- Crushed peanuts, melted peanut butter, (optional garnishes)
- Combine the graham crackers and butter in a mixing bowl. Use a fork to mix until the crumbs are well moistened. Pour into a 9" pie plate and press evenly on the bottom and sides.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes while you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and vanilla together until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream until just combined. Transfer the mixture into the cooled crust.
- Cover the pie in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight. When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and your favorite garnishes.