No bake chocolate cookie cheesecake parfait is a delectable dessert with layers of chocolate goodness. Quick and easy to make, this individually sized dessert is perfect for summer entertaining!
Happy summer all! Haley here from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen and today I’m sharing my recipe for no bake chocolate cookie cheesecake parfait. This no-bake dessert is served in mason jars and ideal for summer entertaining!
In the summer, I avoid turning on the oven especially on hot days. So how do I get my baking fix in? I make no-bake desserts.
One of my favorite no-bake desserts is parfait. Today I adhered to my chocoholic tendencies and made a parfait using cocoa and chocolate cookie sandwiches. However, the best part is that the parfaits have the consistency and taste of cheesecake.
Yup, this dessert is layers of bittersweet chocolate cheesecake and chocolate cookie cheesecake with extra cookie crumbs for good measure.
Every bite has tastes of each layer, from the smooth chocolate to the crunchy cookies. It’s easy to make each layer too.
Start with the cheesecake base (cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cream) then add in the flavor! Half the mixture gets cocoa powder and the other half gets cookie crumbs. From there, just layer one on top of the other with extra cookie crumbs for flavor and texture.
I used 8-ounce mason jars for serving the cheesecake parfait. The layers look deliciously defined in the glass containers! It will make you want to grab a spoon and dive right in.
The mason jars are perfect for storing the dessert in the refrigerator too. Either with a top or not, the parfaits will be ready to go when you are! Simply top with some whipped cream and a cookie for garnish and serve.
Whether you’re prepping for a dinner party or just want a sweet treat at the end of the day, these chocolate cookie cheesecake parfaits are the perfect dessert this summer!
Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake Parfait
- 18 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 16 ounces cream cheese (440 g or 2 cups), room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (90 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (240 ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Additional cookies and whipped cream for garnish
For the cheesecake layers:
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies in a plastic sealed bag. Use a rolling pin to finely crush the cookies (alternatively, a food processor may be used). Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract at medium speed until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add heavy whipping cream and then increase speed to medium-high. Beat until the mixture is stiff about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Divide mixture in half and placing it in two mixing bowls.
- In the first bowl, fold in half of the roughly chopped/crushed cookies (about 1/2 cup). In the second bowl, stir in cocoa powder until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer mixtures to two separate pastry bags for assembly.
- Using 8-ounce mason jars as containers, add layers of the chocolate cheesecake mixture, cookie cheesecake mixture and finely crushed cookie crumbs as you see fit, finish with any remaining cookie crumbles on top.
- Chill parfaits for 2-3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate cookie sandwich if desired. Serve cold.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. These parfaits will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 469, Fat: 35g, Saturated Fat: 19g, Cholesterol: 102mg, Sodium: 317mg, Potassium: 177mg, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 23g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: 1195%, Vitamin C: 0.2%, Calcium: 82%, Iron: 2.7%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
More recipes from If You Give a Blonde a Kitchen