No Bake Strawberry Coconut Cream Bites are filled with fresh strawberry and coconut flavor! They are gluten free, sugar free, dairy free and vegan!
You are going to love these little bites. They are creamy, smooth and irresistible. In fact, this might be the best dessert that I have ever made. As a coconut and strawberry lover, I may be a little biased, but even the harshest critic in my household loved these too. They are no bake and are perfect to make with your kids or share with your Valentine.
It is the beginning of strawberry season here in Florida and I love any excuse to eat them. The strawberry puree adds a beautiful color and subtle flavor to these bites. Best of all, they are gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, and vegan. Made without refined sugar, they are sweet, creamy and flavorful. Each little bite is packed with coconut flavor. They are a great alternative to cheesecake.
I like to cut the bites into 1 or 2 inch bite-sized pieces. The recipe makes quite a few little bites so you will have plenty to share.
Strawberry Coconut Cream Bites
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup soft Medjool dates, about 6, pitted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
For the filling:
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- strawberries, for garnish
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with a smooth layer of plastic wrap.
- In a food processor, combine all of the crust ingredients. Pulse for about 30 seconds or until the mixture starts to come together. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan, pressing down evenly to make the crust. Chill the crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor. Strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve placed over a bowl to remove seeds (you should have about 1/4 cup puree.)
- In a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine the coconut butter, coconut oil, coconut cream and maple syrup. Heat until everything melts together to form a smooth mixture, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and whisk in the strawberry puree. Let filling cool to room temperature.
- Once the filling has cooled, remove the crust from the fridge and pour the filling on top. Return the bars to the fridge and chill for 2-3 hours, or until filling is set.
- Remove the bars from the pan. Cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.