Skillet Fajita Chicken Sausage and Rice is made in one skillet and comes together in little time. Fresh bell peppers, onions, chicken sausage, fajita seasoning and rice are combined to create a meal for the entire family!
One pot, a few tasty ingredients and less than 30 minutes is all you need to create an entire meal that your family will love. Skillet Fajita Chicken Sausage and Rice is one of my favorite weeknight meals because it comes together in little time. During the week I don’t like spending a lot of time cooking dinner so I choose recipes where the entire meal cooks in one skillet or pot. Precooked chicken sausage and quick cooking rice makes this dish even easier.
To create this meal, I started with al fresco all natural chicken sausage. I use the roasted garlic flavor but you can use any of the savory flavors for this meal. I also love using the spicy jalapeño or smoked andouille flavors in this dish. Adding Minute Instant White Rice makes this meal even easier. Because the chicken sausage is already precooked and the rice cooks in only five minutes, the entire meal is done in less than 30 minutes. You can also cut the peppers and onions in advance to save time.
Go ahead, get creative in your own kitchen and try this Fajita Chicken Sausage and Rice dish or create your own unique recipe. To see the entire line of al fresco products, please visit alfrescoallnatural.com. To see the entire line of Minute Rice products, please visit minuterice.com.
Also, make sure to visit alfrescoallnatural.com/minute to enter the al fresco and Minute Rice sweepstakes for an opportunity to win $1000! Who wouldn’t love a tasty meal that is ready in under 30 minutes and cooks entirely in one skillet?
Skillet Fajita Chicken Sausage and Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces al fresco roasted garlic chicken sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 10 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/4 teaspoons fajita seasoning*
- 2 cups Minute Instant White Rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- juice from one lime
- chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken sausage, onion and peppers. Cook until peppers are softened and chicken sausage is heated through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with tin foil to keep warm; set aside.
- In the same skillet, add diced tomatoes, chicken broth and fajita seasoning. Bring to a boil. Add rice, cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and then add the chicken sausage and peppers mixture. Stir to combine. Top with cheese, lime juice and cilantro or parsley, as desired. Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 635, Fat: 34g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Cholesterol: 114mg, Sodium: 1588mg, Potassium: 495mg, Carbohydrates: 50g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 32g, Vitamin A: 39.7%, Vitamin C: 161.8%, Calcium: 46.5%, Iron: 28.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.