I added another barre class to my schedule on Saturday mornings. So a few weekends ago I decided to try a new studio that just opened. The class was a little different that the barre class I am used to taking, which I love because that means it works different areas of the body. But I swear that I was still feeling the effects on Wednesday off that week. I have never done so many relevés in my life in one class and I was sore. You know the kind of soreness where it hurts so good. I’m really glad that I added a class on Saturday mornings because it is the perfect way to start the weekend.
My favorite post-workout snack is this pomegranate yogurt parfait with granola clusters and dark chocolate chunks. Best of all, I used the freshest, juiciest pomegranate ever. The past few that I’ve purchased from the store have been the best pomegranates I’ve ever tasted. They are full of antioxidants and juicy intense flavor. On a related note, my new favorite tea is pomegranate green tea. I just purchased the Bigelow brand and it adds a slightly tart flavor to my green tea which I love.
So why not start your week with a pomegranate yogurt parfait? Happy Monday!
- 3 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups granola clusters
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- chocolate chips, as desired
- Combine the yogurt and the honey in a small bowl. Whisk to blend thoroughly.
- Using four 16-ounce glasses, spoon 1/3 cup of the yogurt-honey mixture into each glass. Top with 1 tablespoon of the pomegranate seeds. Then spoon 3 tablespoons of the granola on top of the pomegranate seeds. Repeat the layering process again with the remaining yogurt, pomegranate and granola. Add chocolate chips, as desired. Serve immediately.
Source: Spoonful of Flavor original