Thank you to the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association for sponsoring this post!
5-ingredient Parmesan Zucchini Fritters with lemon garlic yogurt sauce are a fun and easy appetizer that is made in less than 25 minutes!
One of the best things about summer is all of the fresh summer produce from my garden! During the months of June, July and August, I usually have an abundance of zucchini. Out of all of the vegetables in my summer garden, zucchini is the most versatile. You can add it to muffins, oatmeal, cupcakes, pasta and more. My little girl loves it too so I’m always looking for more kid-friendly zucchini recipes. 5-ingredient Parmesan Zucchini Fritters with Lemon Garlic Yogurt Sauce are an easy snack or appetizer that is ready in less than 25 minutes!
To celebrate June Dairy Month, I partnered with the National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) as part of the Cool Food Panel to bring you a fun zucchini recipe that is great for kids and adults. Chobani® Plain Non-fat Greek Yogurt is combined with freshly squeezed lemon juice, minced garlic, parsley and olive oil to create a creamy, flavor-packed sauce to serve with the zucchini fritters.
Chobani® Greek Yogurt is a versatile and nutritious ingredient in the kitchen. You can find Chobani® multi-serve varieties in the refrigerated section of your local grocery store, near all the other delicious dairy products. In addition to creating sauce for these fritters, I use the yogurt to make everything from smoothies and chicken salad to bread and cupcakes. By using Greek yogurt, you can lighten up your favorite recipes without sacrificing any flavor.
What is your favorite way to enjoy Chobani® Greek Yogurt? Do you serve it with tacos? Or use it to lighten up your favorite cupcake recipe?
5-ingredient Parmesan Zucchini Fritters with Lemon Garlic Yogurt Sauce
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
For the fritters:
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To make the yogurt sauce, whisk together the yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley and garlic until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the fritters, place the shredded zucchini in a colander over a large bowl. Let sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean dish towel or cheesecloth, press down on the zucchini to drain any excess water.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded zucchini, flour, Parmesan cheese and eggs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Spoon tablespoons of batter for each fritter, flatten with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side, about 2 additional minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Store the cooked fritters in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat prior to serving.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 255, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 88mg, Sodium: 150mg, Potassium: 545mg, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 11g, Vitamin A: 10.6%, Vitamin C: 42.3%, Calcium: 13.8%, Iron: 10.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
This post was created in partnership with the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association as part of the Cool Food Panel. As always, all opinions are my own.