Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai Salad with Sesame-Cashew Dressing is made with the freshest raw ingredients including carrots, zucchini, cabbage, arugula, red peppers and a creamy sesame-cashew dressing!
Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Can you believe that today is the last day of January? Are you still on track to meet your goals for 2018? If not, don’t worry. You still have eleven months to get back on track and meet your goals. Whether your goals including eating better, prepping more meals or just enjoying life more, I’m here to help you achieve them. Today, I’m sharing a Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai Salad with Sesame-Cashew Dressing that is a great option for lunch or dinner any day of the week. Best of all, you can prep the entire meal in advance to pack for lunch.
For this salad, I used classic winter greens. Baby arugula greens from organicgirl are the perfect compliment to this salad. The baby arugula is spicy, peppery, flavorful and always fresh. Layer sliced red peppers, carrots, cabbage, zucchini noodles and cashews on top before topping with a sesame-cashew dressing. The salad combines all of my favorite things about pad thai into one fresh and nutrient-packed meal. The dressing elevates the salad to something that you will want to eat again and again.
Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai Salad with Sesame-Cashew Dressing
For the salad dressing:
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari, if gluten free
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- water, if needed
For the salad:
- 5 ounces organicgirl baby arugula
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized*
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger and garlic for the salad dressing. Add water, a little at a time, and continue whisking until desired consistency is reached.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, zucchini noodles, bell pepper, cabbage, carrots, cashews and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coast. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can julienne or shave into ribbons.
- The salad and dressing can be prepped in advance. Store the dressing in a separate container and drizzle over salad just prior to serving.
Organicgirl sponsored this post. As always, all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
I love this recipe!
I had this exact salad at Le Pain Quotidien. Wanted to recreate it. This recipe did it.
So pretty and delicious!! this is definitely on the try list…I love Thai food too!
That sesame-cashew dressing sounds incredible!