Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are an easy low carb sandwich recipe made with a few simple ingredients. These healthy chicken lettuce wraps are perfect for lunch or dinner and are ready in 15 minutes!
Allow me to introduce you to our favorite sandwich. Seriously, these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are our go-to sandwich. They are made with a few simple ingredients and are packed with flavor. Grab some shredded cooked chicken breast, a few other ingredients and in 10 minutes create lunch for the entire week.
We enjoy eating these wrap sandwiches anytime of the year, but especially love packing them for summer travel and beach outings. Try them for yourfself and then let us know what you think. Check our our full list of healthy summer sandwiches for more ideas!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
To make buffalo chicken lettuce wraps, stir together shredded cooked chicken breast and buffalo sauce. Use rotisserie chicken or buy cooked chicken breast from the store to save time.
Lay out large lettuce leaves on a plate. Divide the chicken among the leaves. Top each with sliced avocado, sliced red onion, julienned celery and shredded carrots. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top or drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
Tightly roll up the leaves to create a sandwich wrap. Eat immediately or store in containers for meal prep. You can also wrap in parchment paper to keep the sandwich tightly wrapped.
Ingredients for buffalo chicken wraps
- Shredded cooked chicken breast: Purchase cooked chicken breast at the store or prep it in advance for this recipe.
- Buffalo sauce: The buffalo sauce is the star of the recipe. We like to use mild buffalo sauce, but choose your favorite.
- Lettuce leaves: Roll the ingredients is the lettuce leaves to create a sandwich.
- Avocado: Add avocado for a creamy texture. Avocados are also packed with nutrients so they are a must for this sandwich.
- Red Onion: The red onion is mild in flavor and adds the perfect crunch.
- Celery: For even more crunch, we love to add celery. It also balances out the heat from the buffalo sauce.
- Carrot: In addition to adding more color, carrot adds more crunch and fresh flavor.
- Blue cheese or blue cheese dressing: Blue cheese pairs perfectly with buffalo chicken. Use crumbled blue cheese or dressing.
Best lettuce for lettuce wraps
The best lettuce for lettuce wraps are the large leaf varieties. Bibb lettuce, iceberg and butter lettuce are great choices for lettuce wraps. If you don’t have extra large lettuce leaves, you can stack a few smaller leaves on top of each other before rolling into a sandwich.
You can use romaine lettuce but it won’t roll as easily. However, you can layer the ingredients over the romaine and serve it like a “lettuce boat,” similar to these chicken salad wraps.
Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are a healthier sandwich option. It’s a great choice if you’re looking to cut carbs. If you prefer to eat these as a traditional wrap sandwich, feel free to switch out some or all of the lettuce with a traditional type of wrap. Either way, you can’t go wrong. This lettuce wrap sandwich is packed with freshness and flavor!
Healthy chicken lettuce wraps recipes
- Asian Chicken Meatball Lettuce Wraps are a fun way to eat meatballs with fresh mango cabbage slaw.
- Chef’s Salad Lettuce Wraps are a great way to eat chef’s salad in sandwich form.
- Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps are a fun twist on a chicken salad sandwich.
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps combine fresh teriyaki flavor with a pineapple slaw.
Try this healthy buffalo chicken lettuce wrap recipe and then let us know what you think!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce plus more for drizzling
- 6 large lettuce leaves iceberg, butter or bibb lettuce
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery julienned
- 1 carrot shredded
- Crumbled blue cheese or blue cheese dressing
In a mixing bowl, add shredded chicken and Buffalo sauce. Mix well to combine.
To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with vegetables and cheese or dressing. Wrap up and start eating!
- You can omit the blue cheese or use ranch dressing instead.
- To hold the lettuce wraps together, wrap in parchment paper.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 230, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 777mg, Potassium: 837mg, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 25g, Vitamin A: 5365%, Vitamin C: 15.6%, Calcium: 38%, Iron: 1.1%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A REVIEW BELOW AND THEN SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.