Combine Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, kale, Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce pasta and parmesan to create an easy fall pasta. This pasta is delicious and good for you too.
A simple pasta dinner makes mealtime easy. Combine a few wholesome ingredients to create an easy pasta dinner with great flavor, texture and nutrients. Pasta with Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and kale, is a great way to eat healthfully and deliciously.
Ingredients You Need
Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce Pasta
Unlike other legume pastas, Pasta Lensi legume pasta is made with only one ingredient – chickpeas! The pasta contains at least 22 grams of plant-based protein per 3.5 ounce serving. It’s non-GMO and available at many major grocery stores including Walmart, Meijers, Shop Rite and more.
- Brussels Sprouts – Quarter the sprouts to help create the best texture and flavor.
- Butternut Squash – Cube the squash into bite-sized pieces to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Kale: Curly or Tuscan Kale (Lacinato) are best for this recipe.
- Olive Oil: You can substitute with avocado oil when roasting the vegetables, if desired.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is best. You can use dairy-free Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Optional: Add a pinch of Cayenne or ground Nutmeg while roasting for additional flavor.
- Save time by cutting the butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and kale in advance.
- Sprinkle the butternut squash with a pinch of nutmeg and/or ground cayenne pepper prior to baking for more flavor.
- When cooking the pasta, follow the package instructions.
- Add salt to the pot of water for the best flavor.
- Do not overcook the pasta. Cooking for 8 minutes is usually enough. Taste the pasta and cook the pasta 1 to 2 minutes longer, if needed.
- Add more olive oil or Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- The pasta can be served right away or you can let it cool and serve it at room temperature. Either way, it tastes great!
We love adding Pasta Lensi legume pasta to our dinner menu because it’s delicious and good for you too. Packed with flavor and nutrients, this legume pasta is a great way to eat better – simply.
Try the Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce in this recipe and let us know what you think!
Other Easy Pasta Dinners
Pasta with Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Kale
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 8 ounces butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup kale, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 ounces Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce Pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus more to taste
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread prepared butternut squash and brussels sprouts on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to coat and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, stir in the kale and place back into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add back to the pot.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the pot, drizzle with remaining olive oil and toss with the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- The pasta can be served right away or you can let it cool and serve it at room temperature.
This post is sponsored by Pasta Lensi. As always, all opinions are my own.