Make this Sausage and Pepper pasta with fresh ingredients in under 30 minutes! Try this flavorful dinner recipe made with red lentil fusilli from Pasta Lensi for an easy protein-packed lunch or dinner.
If you’re looking for a healthy yet flavorful new dinner idea we have the perfect meal for you! Sausage and Peppers with Red Lentil Fusilli comes together easily and is a great meal any day of the week. This recipe is the perfect way to impress guests with simple ingredients and fresh flavor.
For this recipe, we use Pasta Lensi Red Lentil Fusilli, a delicious protein-packed legume pasta.
Pasta Lensi Red Lentil Fusilli
Hopefully you already tried our Creamy Lemon Asparagus Pasta recipe made with Pasta Lensi Chickpea Casarecce. For another simple, healthy option, we made this Sausage and Peppers dish with Pasta Lensi Red Lentil Fusilli for a differently delicious flavor!
The main reason we love this pasta is because it’s packed with protein and flavor from only one simple ingredient. Yes, you read that right! Unlike other legume pastas, Pasta Lensi Legume Pasta is made from one simple legume ingredient and nothing else. Each 3.5 ounce serving contains 22 grams of plant-based protein too. The pasta is non-GMO and available at many large retailers.
We love adding Pasta Lensi to our weeknight dinner menu because it’s delicious and good for you too. Packed with flavor and nutrients, this legume pasta is a great way to eat better – simply.
In addition to the Red Lentil Fusilli and Chickpea Casarecce, Pasta Lensi Legume Pasta also includes Yellow Lentil Penne Rigate. Stay tuned for even more legume pastas coming later this year from Pasta Lensi.
How to make sausage and pepper red lentil fusilli pasta
This entire meal cooks in less than 30 minutes! With a few simple steps, you will have dinner on the table in little time.
First, cook the pasta. Follow the package instructions, drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking, cook the sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break into bite sized pieces until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the cooked sausage to a plate lined with paper towels.
Next, cook the remaining ingredients. Add olive oil to the skillet, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen browned bits. Then add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add the vinegar, garlic and salt. Cook for one minute.
Stir everything together by adding the cooked pasta, sausage and additional olive oil until the pasta is coated. Gently stir in the Italian seasoning and top with Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley.
Have you tried the Pasta Lensi Red Lentil Pasta featured in this recipe? If not, what are you waiting for? The red lentil pasta flavor combines well with the sausage and peppers.
Feel free to adapt this recipe to suit your taste. We use mild Italian sausage, but if you want more of a kick, use spicy Italian sausage. Omit the Parmesan cheese to make it dairy free and adjust the Italian seasonings or olive oil to fit your taste.
Go ahead, dig in!
Sausage and Peppers with Red Lentil Fusilli
- 10 ounces Pasta Lensi Red Lentil Fusilli
- 1 pound Italian sausage, crumbled
- 3 medium bell peppers, assorted colors
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, ,for serving
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions; drain.
- While pasta cooks, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break into bite-sized pieces, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to skillet, stirring and scraping to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar, garlic and salt; cook 1 minute. Stir in cooked pasta, sausage and remaining olive oil until pasta is coated. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley, as desired.
This post is sponsored by Pasta Lensi. As always, all opinions are my own.
I made this and it came out perfect! What an awesome vegan meal. I did switch up z few things..I didn’t have parmesan so I used vegan mozzarella, and added a few splashes of liquid smoke. Lived this recipe! It was easy to make and very flavorful.
I’ve seen this pasta in the grocery store and wondered how to prepare it – so that tomato sauce didn’t overtake the new flavor. And this recipe was the PERFECT thing! Thanks for an easy to follow and yummy dinner. Family loved it.
I love this lentil recipe this is one of my favorites and such fabulous comfort food!