This easy recipe for Green Bean Salad with Feta and Bacon is the best way to eat green beans. Crisp blanched green beans are tossed with radish and bacon and topped with a homemade creamy feta dressing for a creamy and tangy salad that makes the perfect side dish in only 15 minutes!
Danae from Recipe Runner here, and I’m bringing you one of my favorite salads to share. But this isn’t your ordinary salad with lettuce and tomato. This unique salad made with fresh green beans, spicy radishes, and is tossed with crunchy bacon and feta cheese for a crunchy texture that’s full of nutrition.
The best part about this green bean and feta salad is the homemade creamy feta cheese dressing. Crumbly feta gets mixed with high protein Greek yogurt and dried herbs for creamy herb dressing with a salty feta taste. This gets drizzled on top of the green bean salad to add a creamy and tangy taste that pairs perfectly!
Make this salad to serve with you favorite dinner recipes any time of the year. It’s also a great side dish for summer barbecues and even for Thanksgiving.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s packed with fiber and nutrients from green beans and radish.
- You’ll make a homemade feta dressing that tastes great and is high in protein.
- A great way to change up the way you serve green beans.
- Perfect to enjoy during any time of the year as a healthy side salad.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Creamy Feta Dressing
- Crumbled Feta Cheese – Adds a salty taste and texture to the dressing.
- Greek Yogurt – Greek yogurt makes a creamy base to the dressing that is high in protein. Full fat or low fat Greek yogurt works great. You can substitute with sour cream, if desired.
- Lemon Juice – Adds a hit of acidity and bright citrus flavor.
- Milk – Helps thin out the dressing while keeping it creamy.
- Seasonings – A mix of dried chives, garlic powder, dried dill, oregano, salt, and pepper help give the dressing an herbed taste.
Green Bean Salad
- Fresh Green Beans – You’ll need your favorite green beans trimmed and blanched for the perfect texture.
- Radishes – Adds a slightly spicy flavor to the salad while adding crunch.
- Olive Oil – Heightens the flavor of the vegetables and helps the other flavors stick.
- Chopped Bacon – Adds crunchy salty taste and texture.
- Minced Chives – Adds a mild onion flavor to the salad.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese – Complements the dressing by adding even more feta flavor.
- Salt & Pepper – Balances and enhances all the flavors in the salad.
How To Make Green Bean Salad with Feta
This easy green bean salad recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes.
- Make the feta dressing: Add all of the feta dressing ingredients to a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth, thick, and creamy. Set aside.
- Prepare the green beans: Wash and trim the green beans. Add them to a pot of boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until they turn bright green. Remove and place them in ice water to cool immediately.
- Mix the salad base: To a large bowl, add the cooled green beans, radishes, bacon, chives, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss using tongs until fully coated. Gently crumble the feta cheese on top.
- Assemble the salad: Plate the salad in a bowl or on a serving plate. Drizzle with the feta dressing or serve on the side.
Prep ahead: You can prep the salad and salad dressing in advance. Store the salad dressing in a separate container and drizzle with dressing just prior to serving.
- Blanching green beans – The time it takes to blanch depends on the size of the green beans. This could take anywhere from 2 minutes for small green beans or 4 minutes for large green beans.
- Texture of dressing – If you like a chunky dressing with texture, only blend in half of the feta and save the rest to stir into the mixture after blended.
- Allow the dressing to marinate – The dressing tastes best when it has at least 30 minutes in the fridge for the flavors to marinate together.
- Cook bacon until crispy – Make sure the bacon is cooked until crispy to avoid it becoming soggy in the salad.
- Add shallots or sliced red onion. Sliced shallot or red onion makes a great addition to this salad by adding a mild onion flavor.
- Use any kind of green bean. You can use a variety of green beans to make this salad including green, purple, yellow, string beans, wax beans, or snap beans.
- Add tomatoes. Toss with fresh heirloom tomatoes or cherry tomatoes to make the perfect summer salad.
- To make it spicy sprinkle with red chili flakes or add minced jalapeños to the vegetable mix.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
Green Bean Salad with Feta and Bacon
For the feta dressing:
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of half of a lemon
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1 pound trimmed fresh green beans or a mix of green and wax beans, blanched
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices cooked and chopped bacon
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 ounce crumbled feta
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
For the feta dressing
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the salad
- In a large bowl toss together the blanched green beans, sliced radishes, chopped bacon, chives, olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle or gently stir in the feta being careful not to break it up too much.
- Drizzle the salad with some of the feta dressing or serve alongside the salad.
- The salad may be served in the bowl or on a serving plate.