These Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops cook in a pressure cooker to create juicy tender pork chops. Serve them with any of your favorite sides for a complete meal.
Use your instant pot or pressure cooker to make these juicy and delicious boneless pork chops. You can even sear the pork chops in the pressure cooker before cooking to lock in the juices and flavor.
This easy instant pot pork chops recipe means you can have an easy weeknight meal in less than 30 minutes. While the pork chops cook in the instant pot, you can make your favorite side dishes.
We like to serve the pork chops with smashed fingerling potatoes, roasted potatoes and broccoli, air fryer green beans, or garlic mashed potatoes.
Pressure Cooker Pork Chops
There are so many reasons to love these easy pressure cooker pork chops.
- The entire dish cooks in an instant pot or pressure cooker.
- Searing the pork chops adds more flavor.
- Using the pressure cooker ensures the pork chops retain moisture and flavor.
- The entire family will love them!
Ingredients You Need
You will need boneless pork chops and a few simple seasonings.
- Boneless Pork Chops: The pork chops should be about 1-inch thick for even cooking (about 6 ounces each.)
- Seasonings: You will need Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Olive Oil and Butter: A combination of both types of fat creates the best sear. However, you can substitute the olive oil with more butter or vice versa, if needed. To make this recipe dairy free, substitute the butter with olive oil.
- Water: You can substitute the water with chicken broth for more flavor.
Cook pork chops in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker. A 6 quart Instant Pot or larger works best for this recipe.
An instant pot is a versatile tool to have in your kitchen. It cuts down on cooking time and allows for easy clean up since everything cooks in one pot. It also allows you to free up other kitchen appliances to cook side dishes and more.
How to Make Instant Pot Pork Chops
- Brine the pork chops (OPTIONAL): Brining helps create more tender and flavorful pork chops but you can skip this step if you are short on time. To make the brine, whisk 1/4 cup of kosher salt into a bowl with 4 cups of warm water, until the salt has mostly dissolved. Allow the water to cool a bit, then pour the brine over the pork chops in a shallow baking dish. Allow the pork to brine for 30 minutes to 2 hours before cooking, being sure to rinse and dry the chops before continuing the recipe.
- Season the pork chops: In a small bowl, combine the seasonings and mix well. Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with the seasoning blend and set aside.
- Sear the pork chops: Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot. Add the butter and olive oil and allow it to heat, then sear pork chops in batches for 2 minutes per side. Press CANCEL and remove the pork chops from the inner pot.
- Pressure cook the pork chops: Pour 1 cup of water into the pot and scrape up any browned bits left behind, then return the pork chops to the pot. Secure and seal the lid, then pressure cook on MANUAL HIGH for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pork chops: When the time is up, allow a 5 minute natural pressure release, then release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid and serve the pork chops with the pot juices, as desired.
If you’re short on time, you can skip the brining step AND the searing step. Just season and add to the pressure cooker with the water before cooking.
Boneless Pork Chops Cooking Time
Do not overcook the instant pot boneless pork chops or you will have tough dried out meat. The cook times below are what I use to make moist and juicy pork chops in the instant pot.
Keep in mind that the thickness and fat content of the pork chops may alter cook time. Thick-cut pork chops require longer cook time.
- 1-inch boneless pork chops (about 6 ounces each): Cook on manual HIGH for 5 minutes with 5 minute natural release.
- 1 1/2 inch boneless pork chops: Cook on manual HIGH for 8 minutes with 8 minute natural release.
- 2 inch boneless pork chops: Cook on manual HIGH for 12 minutes with 10 minute natural release.
Boneless pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees to 160 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer.
- Use frozen pork chops! Yes, you can use frozen pork chops directly from the freezer but you will have to skip the searing step. To cook frozen pork chops, just add 2 to 3 minutes to the cook time. Be sure to season them before adding to the pressure cooker. The pressure cooker will take longer to come to pressure with frozen pork chops.
- You can stack the pork chops on top of each other in the bottom of the pot.
- This recipe calls for boneless pork chops. If you use bone-in pork chops, you will need to increase the cook time.
- Check the internal temperature of the meat after cooking. Pork chops should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve the boneless pork chops with your favorite vegetable side dish. They go with everything!
One inch boneless pork chops take 20 to 25 minutes to cook in a pressure cooker. First, you will need to sear the pork chops then cook on MANUAL high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure. Keep in mind that the pressure cooker will take time to come to pressure.
Tough pork chops means that they are overcooked. Be sure not to overcook them. Leaner pork chops will dry out faster. Be sure to use a well marbled pork chop because the fat will help prevent it from drying out.
If you love cooking dinner in the Instant Pot, you will also love other instant pot recipes including Instant Pot Shredded Beef, Instant Pot Chicken Stew and Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili.
Did you try these pressure cooker boneless pork chops? Leave a recipe rating and review below.
Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, (depending on brine usage)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water, (or chicken broth)
- (OPTIONAL) Whisk 1/4 cup of kosher salt into a bowl with 4 cups of warm water, until the salt has mostly dissolved. Allow the water to cool a bit, then pour the brine over the pork chops in a shallow baking dish. Allow the pork to brine for 30 minutes to 2 hours before cooking, being sure to rinse and dry the chops before continuing the recipe.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika and black pepper. Mix well. Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with the seasoning blend and set aside.
- Press the SAUTE button on an Instant Pot. Add the butter and olive oil and allow it to heat, then sear the pork chops in batches for 2 minutes per side. Press CANCEL and remove the pork chops from the inner pot.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pot and scrape up any browned bits left behind, then return the pork chops to the pot. Secure and sealed the lid, then pressure cook on MANUAL HIGH for 5 minutes.
- When the time is up, allow a 5 minute natural pressure release, then release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid and serve the chops with the pot juices, as desired.
Excellent!!! The brine worked well and the spices were great. The broth was yummy as an aujus. Boyfriend said it was killer!
I’m so glad you enjoyed. Thank you so much for your feedback!
Made this for dinner tonight and it came out perfect. It’s a great meal to make after a busy day!
Moist & tender. Thanks for the recipe! Adding this to my meal planning list.