Instant Pot Turkey Chili made with sweet potato and quinoa is a healthier take on your favorite hearty chili! This meal is a fall favorite that the whole family will love. Best of all, it cooks in the Instant Pot for an easy weeknight dinner.
As the fall season approaches, I always look for hearty comforting foods that are quick and easy to make. Anything that cooks in little time is perfect for weeknight dinners. I love making a big pot of chili on a Saturday or Sunday to watch a football game, and then save the leftovers to eat throughout the week. Sometimes the leftovers taste even better on the second or third day! Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili is the perfect chili to cook for weeknights, game days and crisp fall days.
How do you make the best turkey chili?
Turkey chili tastes great when it’s cooked with hearty ingredients like tomatoes, sweet potato or quinoa. I love cooking my Hearty Turkey Chili with onion, pepper, spices, tomatoes and kidney beans.
With a chili recipe, it’s easy to add or subtract a few ingredients to suit your taste. With this instant pot turkey chili recipe, I substituted and added a few ingredients like sweet potato and quinoa to give a hearty twist on the classic chili recipe. It creates a nutrient dense meal with a lot of added fiber and protein.
How long to pressure cook chili in Instant Pot?
Cooking chili in a pressure cooker is easy. Saute the turkey in the instant pot until browned. Add the onions, pepper, sweet potato and quinoa and saute for 6 to 8 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the remaining ingredients to the instant pot and cook on manual high for 20 minutes. Let the pot naturally release and then enjoy. You can also cook chili in a dutch oven on the stove or let is slow cook in a crockpot.
How to make a chili bar
I love to make a chili bar with a lot of different toppings so each person can make their own bowl to suit their taste. I always include sour cream, jalapeños, avocado, cilantro, tortilla strips, hot sauce and saltines for guests to help themselves to their favorite toppings. Because this meal cooks in the Instant Pot, it’s even easier and quicker!
Make plans to make a large batch of this hearty chili to share with your family and reheat throughout the week. I promise that this recipe will become a staple in your home. You can even adapt the recipe to be made in the slow cooker by browning the turkey in advance before adding everything to the slow cooker. And best off all, this instant pot turkey chili tastes great as leftovers!
Other ground turkey recipes:
- Hearty Turkey Chili
- Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet
- Ground Turkey and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Southwest Turkey, Vegetable and Rice Skillet
Instant Pot Turkey Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 whole onion diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Red pepper flakes diced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro, for serving
- Using the sauté function on your Instant Pot, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add turkey and brown until cooked. Remove to a bowl.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of oil and add onions, pepper, sweet potato, and garlic. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Stir the turkey back into the pot and add the remaining ingredients (quinoa through red pepper). Cook on Manual High for 20 minutes. Perform a quick release after cook time is up. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with red pepper flakes, diced avocado, sour cream, grated cheese, and/or cilantro to taste.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 261, Fat: 11.4g, Saturated Fat: 2.4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.8g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 53.3mg, Sodium: 301.9mg, Potassium: 256.8mg, Carbohydrates: 21.4g, Fiber: 3.2g, Sugar: 2.8g, Protein: 18.6g, Vitamin A: 4960%, Vitamin C: 94%, Calcium: 41%, Iron: 3.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Tools needed to make Instant Pot Turkey Chili
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.
This post contains affiliate links.