One Pot Creamy Jalapeño Popper Chicken Pasta combines your favorite jalapeño popper flavors in one creamy and delicious meal! Cooked in only one pot, this easy weeknight dinner is perfect for the entire family.
Another one pot pasta dinner is long overdue here on Spoonful of Flavor. One Pot Creamy Jalapeño Popper Chicken Pasta is well worth the wait! Combining only a few simply ingredients, this pasta dinner is a meal that the entire family will love. My secret ingredient in almost all of my one pot pasta dinners is cream cheese. The cream cheese creates the most creamy texture and rich flavor. Add some chopped bacon on top and serve. It’s that easy! You can even adapt to fit your tastes, adding more or less jalapeños, as desired.
How to make One Pot Jalapeño Popper Chicken Pasta
Everything for this dish cooks in one pot. Season the chicken with chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook in the skillet until brown on both sides. The chicken does not have to be cooked all the way through as it will continue cooking in the skillet. Stir in the garlic. Add the uncooked pasta (yes, the pasta cooks in the pan with the other ingredients), chicken broth, water and sliced peppers. Bring everything to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 22 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until all of the liquid is absorbed. Finally, stir in the cream cheese and shredded cheese until the cheese is completely melted. Top with the chopped bacon, jalapeno slices and parsley.
Cooking Pasta in One Pot
Yes, you read that right! The entire meal cooks in one pot including the pasta. Cooking pasta in one pot makes dinner easy and results in the creamiest pasta. After you add all of the ingredients to the pot and stir, the pasta will be almost covered by the liquid. Once covered with the lid of the pan, the liquid cooks the pasta with the other ingredients. You do not need to cook the pasta separately, simply add the uncooked pasta to the pan when indicated in the recipe instructions.
Tips for making creamy pasta
Two things make this pasta creamy – cooking the pasta in one pot and the cream cheese. The cream cheese is the secret ingredient to make this pasta creamy. It adds a cheesy flavor and creamy texture. You can add more shredded cheese for an even creamier pasta.
Do you love chicken pasta? Check out a few of my other favorite chicken pasta dinners. All of these recipes are great ideas for what to make for dinner using pasta.
Tips for making this one pot pasta dinner
- Use an additional jalapeño if you want a spicier pasta.
- For a cheesier pasta, add an additional 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- You can omit the bacon, if desired.
- Serve this meal on it’s own or with a simple side salad.
Other One Pot Chicken Pasta Dinners
- One Pot Lemon Chicken, Spinach and Asparagus Orzo – packed with so much flavor plus added nutrients from the spinach and asparagus!
- Chicken Fajita Pasta – Who doesn’t love chicken fajitas? Try this chicken fajita recipe in pasta form!
- One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta with Chicken and Spinach – Do you love creamy tomato pasta? This recipe is made with a classic creamy tomato sauce, chicken and fresh spinach.
- Salsa Verde Chicken Pasta – This pasta is made with salsa verde but the heat is balanced with a creamy sauce.
Also, here is a round up we created with some of our favorite one pot meals!
You can’t go wrong with one pot meals. Everything cooks in one pot to make clean up easy. Imagine coming home from work and cooking an easy meal in one pot for the entire family. It makes weeknights easy and your family happy. Go ahead, make this one pot creamy jalapeno popper chicken pasta for dinner tonight and then leave a review below!
One Pot Creamy Jalapeño Popper Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Colby Jack cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- Sliced jalapeño, for garnish
- Freshly chopped Italian flat leaf parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken with chili powder; set aside.
- In a 12” pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and stir until soft, about 3 minutes. Add chicken to pan and cook until brown on both sides. Stir in garlic and cook one additional minute. Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, water and sliced peppers. Stir then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 22 minutes. Uncover and cook until almost all of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 additional minutes. Remove from heat, stir in cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with bacon, sliced jalapeños and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Nutrition InformationCalories: 600, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 7.2g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.4g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5.6g, Cholesterol: 78.4mg, Sodium: 398mg, Potassium: 200mg, Carbohydrates: 73g, Fiber: 11.1g, Sugar: 4.3g, Protein: 34.3g, Vitamin A: 580%, Vitamin C: 5.4%, Calcium: 29%, Iron: 3.3%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
Kitchen tools needed to make this one pot pasta
SKILLET (SAVE $25 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.
This post first appeared on The Slow Roasted Italian website. This post contains affiliate links.