Peanut Butter Banana waffles are an easy waffle recipe that the entire family will love! Stack them with peanut butter syrup, bananas and whipped cream for a delicious meal packed with protein.
Everyone loves waffles! They are fun, versatile and great for kids and adults. We love to combine two of our favorite flavors – peanut butter and bananas – into these protein packed waffles that are good for you too.
PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter Recipes
We love using PB2 Peanut Butter Powder in our recipes because its versatile and easy to use. The powdered peanut butter contains 90% less fat and almost 70% calories than traditional peanut butter, while containing 6 grams of protein per serving.
The ingredients are simple and fresh. Adding the PB2 powder to recipes create a great tasting dish every single time. We love mixing the powder into everyday recipes like a peanut butter smoothie, energy bites or muffins. You can even add water to the powder to achieve a syrup consistency to drizzle over your favorite snacks.
How to make homemade peanut butter banana waffles
These waffles come together easily with a few simple ingredients found in your kitchen. We use a standard waffle iron for this recipe. And we also use PB2 Vanilla, which has a hint of Madagascar Vanilla natural flavor.
- Step 1: Combine the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Step 2: Combine the wet ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, PB2 liquid and coconut oil. Stir in the mashed bananas.
- Step 3: Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir together until moistened.
- Step 4: Whisk egg whites. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter.
- Step 5: Bake in waffle iron. Bake the waffles in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown.
- Step 6: Make the PB2 powder syrup. Whisk together PB2 powder with water and drizzle over the waffles.
Serve the waffles with sliced bananas and whipped cream.
The PB2 syrup or drizzle made by whisking together PB2 powder and water is the best thing about these waffles. Add plenty of peanut butter flavor with the syrup and freshly sliced bananas to create a filling breakfast that is good for you too!
Freezing peanut butter waffles
These waffles freeze well. Let the waffles cool completely. Arrange the waffles in a single layer on sheet pans. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Place between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container. Waffles may be frozen up to 2 months. Reheat frozen waffles in a toaster.
You can find all of the ingredients for this recipe in your pantry. The waffles are approachable and easy to make. Once you try these waffles, try some of our other favorite PB2 recipes. You will love all the different ways you can incorporate the powder into your diet every single day.
Dig into these flavor packed waffles and let us know what you think!
Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/2 cup PB2 powder, + 6 tablespoons water (to reconstitute)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup mashed banana, (about 3 medium bananas)
Peanut Butter Syrup
- 6 tablespoons PB2 powder, + 7 tablespoons water
- Bananas, sliced, for serving
- Whipped Cream, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, peanut butter and coconut oil; stir in bananas, then stir mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the PB2 powder and water to make the peanut butter syrup. Drizzle over the waffles and top with sliced bananas and whipped cream.
This post is sponsored by PB2. As always, opinions are my own.