Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with veggies is an easy breakfast recipe that comes together with a few ingredients! Make it ahead and bake it just prior to serving. Enjoy this vegetarian breakfast casserole or add meat to fit your taste.
Meals made in one dish are the best! They are even better if they can be prepped in advance. This tasty Make Ahead Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Veggies can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It comes together easily and is great for kids and adults! Add your own twist by substituting the vegetables for your other favorites or even ham, bacon or sausage.
How to make tater tot breakfast casserole
To make tater tot breakfast casserole with veggies, cook the garlic, onion and peppers in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Then, layer the tater tots over the bottom of a slightly greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Spread the vegetable mixture over the top. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and cheddar cheese. Pour over the tater tots and veggies. Sprinkle additional cheese over the top and bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until the eggs are set and golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly and enjoy!
Can you freeze tater tot breakfast casserole?
Yes, you can freeze tater tot breakfast casserole. After baking, transfer the casserole to a freezer safe container and freeze for up to three months. Reheat the casserole in the microwave and serve. This works great if you want to freeze individual servings and reheat them as a quick breakfast.
Can you make this breakfast casserole in advance?
Make ahead tater tot breakfast casserole comes together in little time. Because it comes together easily, you don’t have to prep it in advance. But prepping ahead means you can pull it out of the refrigerator and pop it into the oven on Saturday morning. Or you can make the entire recipe in advance, bake and then enjoy as leftovers throughout the week. This casserole reheats well and tastes great as leftovers. The recipe makes enough for 8 large servings but it also tastes great when served alongside other wholesome breakfast or brunch options.
You can omit the spinach or peppers or substitute them with your favorite vegetables. We also love diced potatoes, carrots or mushrooms in this vegetarian breakfast casserole. You can even add meat such as ham or cooked sausage.
Other breakfast casserole recipes
- If you are looking for something low carb, try this Sausage, Spinach and Feta Egg Bake.
- Craving something sweet? Try this Banana Berry Crunch Baked Oatmeal.
- If you’re looking for something that is enjoyed for breakfast, lunch or dinner, try this Salsa Verde Baked Eggs Recipe.
Make Ahead Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole with Veggies
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic,, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, , diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 (28oz) bag frozen tater tots
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, , for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion and peppers. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Layer tater tots evenly over the bottom of a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Spread veggie mixture over the top.
- n a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Pour over the tater tots and veggies. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.**You can cover and refrigerate at this point if baking later.**
- Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are set and top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Kitchen tools needed for this make ahead breakfast casserole:
- Mixing Bowls are a staple in the kitchen. They are inexpensive too!
- Whisk everything together with a stainless steel whisk.
- Pour everything into a classic white casserole dish and bake.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR and #EatGreensDaily ON INSTAGRAM.
This post contains affiliate links.