These delicious veggie burrito bowls are made with fresh veggies, beans, rice and your favorite toppings. A copycat of your favorite Chipotle burrito bowl that comes together in only 20 minutes!
Do you love Chipotle burrito bowls? These Chipotle-inspired veggie burrito bowls are made with sautéed peppers and onions, cheese, lettuce, rice, guacamole and your other favorite burrito toppings.
This recipe is budget friendly and can be easily adapt to fit any taste preference. A few simple ingredients come together to create a dish that is packed with flavor.
If you’re looking to add protein, you can make these ground beef burrito bowls or add grilled chicken or steak to the veggies.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Burrito bowls are easy to adapt.
- This recipe is naturally vegetarian and gluten free.
- The bowls come together in 25 minutes or less!
Ingredients You Need
- Bell peppers: Use any type of bell pepper. You can substitute with mushrooms.
- Red onions: You can substitute with yellow or sweet onion, if needed.
- Seasonings: This recipe uses dried oregano, salt and pepper to season the veggies. You can substitute with taco seasoning, chili powder or another type of seasoning.
- Cooked white or brown rice: You can also use cauliflower rice or cilantro lime rice.
- Romaine lettuce
- Black beans or pinto beans
- Fresh salsa
- Guacamole or sliced avocados
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or plain green yogurt
- Fresh cilantro
- Limes, for serving
How to Make Veggie Burrito Bowls
This vegetarian burrito bowl recipe comes together easily with only one skillet and two quick steps in under 20 minutes!
- Cook the peppers and onions.
- Assemble the bowls. Layer all of the ingredients including the cooked peppers and onions in a bowl. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips, tortilla burrito bowl or tortillas. You can also substitute the rice for cauliflower rice or quinoa.
- Add other toppings like fresh corn salsa, pico de gallo, sliced cherry tomatoes or a squeeze of lime juice.
- Make it vegan or dairy free! This bowl is vegan and dairy free if you substitute the cheddar cheese for vegan cheese and also substitute the sour cream for vegan sour cream. Serve it as a delicious vegan burrito bowl!
Other Rice Bowl Recipes
Did you make this Veggie Burrito Bowl recipe? Leave a recipe review and rating below.
Veggie Burrito Bowl (Vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- pinch salt, plus more to taste
- 1 cup cooked rice, (white or brown)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, or pinto beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add peppers and onions, season with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook 5-6 minutes until slightly softened but still tender-crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange equal parts of rice and lettuce in 4 bowls. Top with fajita veggies, beans, salsa, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Serve with sliced cooked chicken or ground beef, if desired.
- Storage: Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Oh wow, this looks so delicious. My family is going to devour it!
This recipe was so filling and delicious! I will keep it on hand for simple lunches!
I’ve been looking for easy + delicious meals and this one is PERFECT! Thank you!
Veggie burrito bowls are so filling and flavorful! This is perfect for Meatless Monday!