Thank you to organicgirl for sponsoring this post!
Combine roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, red onion, avocado and chopped greens to create this Southwest Sweet Potato Chopped Salad. Serve with fresh avocado cilantro dressing for a light lunch or dinner!
Southwest Sweet Potato Chopped Salad is the perfect meal any day of the week. It’s fresh, flavorful and loaded with the best ingredients. Chopped salads are great because they come together easily. Chop all of the ingredients, combine them in one bowl, add the dressing and mix. Prep them in advance for lunch or dinner parties.
For this recipe, I use coarsely chopped organicgirl SUPGREENS! and the new Avocado Cilantro Dressing from the organicgirl fresh designer dressings line. Did you try organicgirl salad dressings yet? They are made with minimal fresh ingredients. All of them are naturally gluten free and all but two are naturally vegan! Use the store locator to find them at your local grocery store or order them online.
The organicgirl Avocado Cilantro salad dressing pairs perfectly with the southwest flavors in this chopped salad. I roast sweet potato with cumin and then combine it together with black beans, corn, red onion, chopped organicgirl greens and avocado. If you love chopped salads and want to try recipes with other organicgirl salad dressings, try my Creamy Chicken Fajita Chopped Salad or my Strawberry Cucumber and Mozzarella Salad.
Do you love leafy greens? Sign up for my newsletter and receive a free eCookbook featuring breakfast, lunch dinner and snack recipes packed with leafy greens. Download the book, print it out and add more leafy greens to your diet every single day of the week. Sign up for my newsletter HERE!
*A welcome email includes a link to download the book.
Southwest Sweet Potato Chopped Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Southwest Sweet Potato Chopped Salad is made with roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, red onion, avocado and chopped greens. It is served with fresh avocado cilantro dressing!
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- dash of salt
- 3 ounces organicgirl SUPERGREENS!
- 1 cup black beans
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- juice from one lime
- 1/4 cup organicgirl avocado cilantro dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the sweet potatoes onto the lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle cumin and salt over the top. Toss with hands until potatoes are well coated. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked sweet potato, greens, black beans, corn, avocado, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. Drizzle with the dressing and toss until combined. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: about 1 1/4 cups
Amount per serving: Calories: 300, Total Fat: 16.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 85mg. Carbohydrates: 33g, Fiber: 10.5g, Sugar: 5.5g, Protein: 7.5g
Spoonful of Flavor// All images and text ©
Photography by Poppie Studios | Recipe by Spoonful of Flavor
Organicgirl sponsored this post. As always, all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.