Blackberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich is made with your favorite cheese plus mashed blackberries and honey! Add fresh thyme or basil to make it your own.
This grilled cheese recipe is very simple. I use fontina, brie or mozzarella cheese because I love the combination with blackberries, but you can use any of your favorite cheeses. Gently mash blackberries, spread over your favorite bread, drizzle with honey and grill. You can also add fresh thyme or basil to elevate the flavor even more. Berries and cheese make everything better, so combine them together in this easy delectable sandwich that both kids and adults will love.
What are you favorite ways to eat berries? Do you have a berry recipe that you absolutely love?
Blackberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 loaf of bread, cut into 4 thick slices
- 3 ounces of sliced cheese, (I use fontina, brie or mozzarella)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, mash blackberries with a fork or potato masher.
- Brush olive oil on one side of each slide of bread. Place bread, olive oil side down, in a medium skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced cheese. Add a few spoonfuls of the mashed blackberries. Drizzle with honey. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inwards. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
- Use your favorite type of cheese in this recipe.
- You can switch out the blackberries for raspberries or strawberries.
Okay, this grilled cheese looks like pure heaven! 🙂 I’m definitely feeling your brie suggestion, that would be SO good! Thanks for sharing!