Blackberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich is made with your favorite cheese plus mashed blackberries and honey! Add fresh thyme or basil to make it your own.
The official start of our BERRY WEEK CELEBRATION starts today! Yes, that’s right. We are dedicating an entire week to berry recipes. In addition to publishing four new berry recipes, we are also sharing a round up of our favorite healthy berry recipes to inspire you to add berries to every single meal. Make sure to stay tuned to Instagram for additional berry tips throughout the week. If you need more berry inspiration, check out my Pinterest board dedicated to over 1,000 of my favorite berry recipes throughout the web. And don’t forget to enter our berry challenge for a chance to win an Amazon gift card. To start, I’m sharing this simple yet flavorful Blackberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich made with fresh blackberries, your favorite cheese and honey.
This grilled cheese recipe is very simple. I use fontina, brie or mozzarella cheese because I love the combination with blackberries, but you can use any of your favorite cheeses. Gently mash blackberries, spread over your favorite bread, drizzle with honey and grill. You can also add fresh thyme or basil to elevate the flavor even more. Berries and cheese make everything better, so combine them together in this easy delectable sandwich that both kids and adults will love.
What are you favorite ways to eat berries? Do you have a berry recipe that you absolutely love?
Blackberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 loaf of bread cut into 4 thick slices
- 3 ounces of sliced cheese (I use fontina, brie or mozzarella)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, mash blackberries with a fork or potato masher.
- Brush olive oil on one side of each slide of bread. Place bread, olive oil side down, in a medium skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced cheese. Add a few spoonfuls of the mashed blackberries. Drizzle with honey. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inwards. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
- Use your favorite type of cheese in this recipe.
- You can switch out the blackberries for raspberries or strawberries.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 304, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 49mg, Sodium: 377mg, Potassium: 164mg, Carbohydrates: 18g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 12g, Vitamin A: 11.4%, Vitamin C: 21.6%, Calcium: 26.8%, Iron: 4.8%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.
SHOP THE RECIPE TOOLS
SKILLET (SAVE $25 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER)
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, DON’T FORGET TO SHARE A PHOTO AND TAG @SPOONFULFLAVOR ON INSTAGRAM.
Photography by Tatyana Grigoryan of Grigoryan Photography.