Easy baked salsa chicken is made with only 4 ingredients in one dish! This dinner requires less than 10 minutes of prep and creates a meal that everyone loves.
Easy meals are the best meals! We love when dinner requires only a few ingredients and minimal prep. Baked Salsa Chicken is one of the easiest meals you can make for dinner. Layer salsa in the bottom of a baking dish, top with chicken, taco seasoning, more salsa and cheese. Serve the chicken with a side of rice or fresh vegetables for a hearty and flavorful meal.
This recipe is a classic dish you can enjoy every single week. Make it your own using creative toppings!
How to make salsa chicken
Baked chicken is a quick and easy recipe. Simply layer some salsa on the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Top with chicken breasts, taco seasoning, more salsa and cheese. Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and the juices run clear. It’s that easy!
Salsa chicken tastes great with a variety of toppings. Add your favorite toppings to make it your own!
- Sour Cream
This recipe makes an appearance on our dinner menu often. We always have these ingredients on hand so it’s a great recipe when we need something quick and hassle free. The chicken tastes great as leftovers too so you can bake and then reheat for lunch or dinner during the week. A traditional tomato based salsa works the best, but feel free to experiment with a variety of flavors including salsa verde (green tomato salsa), mild or hot. If you don’t have salsa, feel free to use diced tomatoes with green chilis.
Serve this baked chicken recipe with your favorite side dish. We love making Instant Pot Brown Rice and a side of Garlic Green Beans or Grilled Asparagus to serve with this dish. It also tastes great with Mexican Corn on the Cob.
Have you tried this recipe? We would love to read your feedback and review. Let us know what you think!
Easy Baked Salsa Chicken
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, (one 15 ounce jar)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- sour cream, for garnish
- green onion , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray and spread 1/2 cup of the salsa evenly on the bottom.
- Place the chicken breasts in a single layer on top of the salsa. Sprinkle taco seasoning on top of the chicken breasts and top with remaining salsa. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clean.
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly with the cheese and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with sour cream and green onions and serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- In a pinch, you can substitute the salsa for diced tomatoes with green chilis.
Recipe originally appeared on Yellow Bliss Road.