This easy recipe for Grilled Boneless Pork Chops uses a simple fresh herb marinade to flavor the pork chops before grilling. The result is a delicious tender grilled pork chop that is perfect to make any time of the year and goes with any side dish!
Pork chops are a good choice of protein for grilling. They act as a canvas for flavor which makes them super versatile. Create the best pork chop marinade by chopping up some fresh herbs and garlic and letting the pork infuse with their flavors.
The marinade tenderizes the meat perfectly so it’s grilled to perfection in less than 15 minutes. The best part about making grilled pork chops is that they pair well with almost anything. You can serve it with a fresh green garden salad or more of a hearty comfort food side dish like brussels sprouts au gratin. Either way, it’ll be a family favorite in no time!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Once marinated, the pork chops take only 10 to 12 minutes to cook on the grill depending on their size.
- You can change up the seasonings and herbs.
- Pork chops are inexpensive making this a budget-friendly grilling food.
- Herb marinated pork pairs well with any side dish.
- It’s the perfect protein to make on the grill in the summer months or on a grill pan indoors.
- It’s easy to prep ahead of time so you can throw it on the grill on a busy night.
Ingredients You Need
- Boneless Pork Chops – This budget-friendly cut of meat makes the perfect protein for this herbed marinade.
- Olive Oil – Coats the pork chops and locks in the flavor of the herbs.
- Minced Garlic – Infuses the pork chops with an aromatic garlic flavor.
- Fresh Herbs – You’ll need fresh parsley, sage, rosemary to chop up and flavor the pork.
Can I use bone-in pork chops? Yes! Just make sure you are using a kitchen thermometer as well to make sure the meat gets fully cooked in areas closest to the bone.
How to Make Grilled Boneless Pork Chops
- Prep the pork chops. Pat them dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper and prepare the marinade by mixing together the remaining ingredients.
- Marinate the pork chops. Add the pork chops to the marinade, transfer to an airtight container and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Grill the pork chops. They should be cooked on high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the pork chop registers 145 degrees on an instant read thermometer. Flip halfway through cooking.
- How long the pork chops take to cook depends on how thick they are. It’s best to have a kitchen thermometer on hand to make sure the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
- Pat the raw pork chops dry thoroughly before adding seasonings so they stick properly.
- Pork chops need to marinate for at least 30 minutes but can be marinated for up to 24 hours to tenderize even further.
- Make sure your pork chops rest for at least 5 minutes to stop the cooking process and let the juices redistribute into the meat.
- The best temperature to grill a pork chop is between 350-400F. This ensures that the grill is hot enough to get a sear but also roast it on the inside to keep it juicy. If your grill runs hot, you may need to use a combination of direct and indirect heat.
- Don’t have fresh herbs? This easy pork chop marinade works well with dried parsley, sage, and rosemary, too!
- Add heat by whisking in some cayenne pepper to the pork chop marinade.
- Marinate in BBQ sauce and follow the same grilling instructions for a juicy grilled BBQ pork chop.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest to the marinade for a bright fresh acidity and flavor that also helps tenderize the pork.
- Raining outside? Make these grilled pork chops indoors using a cast iron grill pan.
What to Serve with Pork Chops
Herbed pork chops are super versatile and are a protein that can be served with almost anything! Try them with these tasty side dish options:
- Oven Roasted Beets
- Wild Rice and Mushroom Casserole
- Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Grilled Asparagus
- Sautéed Carrots
Grilled Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, (about 4)
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and season each side with salt and pepper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients (olive oil, garlic, parsley, and sage) and whisk together.
- Drizzle marinade over the pork chops and then rub into the meat. Transfer to an airtight container and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, pre-heat the grill to high heat. The grill temperature should reach 400 degrees Fahrenheit before you put the pork chops on.
- Grill the pork chops on high heat for 10-12 minutes, or until they register 145 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant read thermometer. Make sure to flip the pork chops half way through cooking.
- Serve with sides of your choice and enjoy!