Slow Cooker Soy and Lime Chicken Wings are finger lickin’ good! Add some chicken wings to your slow cooker, top with flavorful seasonings and get ready for the game!
One of my goals for this fall and winter is to use my slow cooker more often. It is the perfect kitchen accessory to use for weeknight meals and I often take it out on the weekends too. I make slow cooker chicken enchilada soup often and am looking to expand my archive of slow cooker meals. I love tossing a few things in the slow cooker and let it cook all day. It makes my house smell incredible and the prep and cleanup is easy. Slow cooker soy and lime chicken wings are perfect to serve as an appetizer or a main dish.
This recipe calls for a few staple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Add them to your slow cooker with some chicken and within hours you will have tender, juicy wings with deep flavor. The meat falls right off the bone as you bite into them. I made a batch and we had enough to eat as leftovers the next day. Brad even thought that they were better as leftovers!
Make dinner easy by throwing a few ingredients into a slow cooker and let it cook all day. If you have a slow cooker recipe that you really love, leave a link to it in the comments. I love trying new slow cooker meals!
Note: Because these are cooked in a crockpot, they yield tender, fall-off-the-bone, finger-licking good wings. I recommend using tongs to remove them from the crockpot. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Soy and Lime Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- zest of one lime
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, Sriracha sauce, ginger powder, lime juice and lime zest.
- Place wings into a slow cooker. Pour soy sauce mixture over wings and stir gently to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 to 7 hours or high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and one tablespoon water. Add mixture to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 10 to 12 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds and chives.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 362, Fat: 20g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 652mg, Potassium: 250mg, Carbohydrates: 20g, Sugar: 15g, Protein: 23g, Vitamin A: 4.9%, Vitamin C: 7.7%, Calcium: 3.4%, Iron: 10.6%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.