Today, I have a meal that everyone will love. If you are still shoveling out from all the snow and hunkered down inside your house trying to get warm, this One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta is warm, comforting and creamy. Oh, and did I mention, easy! One pot meals are great because they are relatively quick and easy and you don’t have a million dishes to clean. After a long day, the last thing I want to do is spend an hour cooking a meal and then another half hour cleaning all of the dishes. On busy days, it is easier just to make a quick salad or dice a mango and avocado and eat them straight from the flesh for dinner. But sometimes, all I want is a warm, comforting home cooked meal. This one pot pasta dish is chicken pot pie in pasta form.
I’ll admit, before I ever tried a one pot pasta meal, I was skeptical. How could all of these ingredients cook in one pot? Trust me, it works. Make sure pasta is just barely covered with liquid (add a little more if not). If the pasta seems like it still isn’t cooked, continue cooking for a few additional minutes.
Make sure to stop by on Friday because I will be sharing a round-up of one-pot meals from some of my favorite bloggers. No more worries about what to plan for dinner. I’ve rounded up enough one pot meals to last you more than a month.
One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into one-inch pieces
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth plus more as needed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus more for topping
Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add vegetables and minced garlic. Sauté over medium heat until vegetables become tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add milk, broth and flour. Stir to combine and add pasta. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to cover pasta completely (about 1/2 cup). Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring every five minutes to keep pasta from sticking together. Remove lid and cook another 5 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and top with freshly chopped parsley.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 562, Fat: 23g, Saturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 122mg, Sodium: 647mg, Potassium: 721mg, Carbohydrates: 55g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 31g, Vitamin A: 91.6%, Vitamin C: 13.3%, Calcium: 35.9%, Iron: 11%
*Nutritional information is an estimate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist for the most accurate nutritional info.